There is No Such Thing as a Homosexual Catholic Priest
(02-24-2011, 12:07 AM)Catholic Johnny Wrote:
(02-23-2011, 11:30 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(02-23-2011, 08:13 PM)Catholic Johnny Wrote:
(02-23-2011, 07:52 PM)James02 Wrote: Another red herring.  Everybody on this forum takes the scandal in the Church extremely seriously.  That is why we are trads.

By the way, if you are not Catholic, just say so.  Why be deceptive?

James, of course I am Catholic - just not Catholic enough for some, apparently. 

I've been around a lot of Protestants in my day, and I have no reason to doubt you're Catholic since I take people at their word generally, but I'm willing to bet dollars to doughnuts that you're an ex-Protestant based on how you form arguments, what you put into them, and how you analyze texts.

If I had to guess a sect I'd guess Baptist or Evangelical.  You're too sane to be a Pentecostal or Charismatic, and most modern Lutherans wouldn't know the Bible if it hit them in the face.  Anglican / Episcopalian, maybe, but they usually aren't hung up on exegesis as much as you seem to be.

Am I right?

That isn't very charitable.  Tell you what, Quis.  You disclose your biography and I will match you step for step. 

You ask Melkite if he's a homosexual, say I'm infected by modernism,  and you're upset because I ask you if you were once a Protestant?

Ell - Oh - Ell

OK, here's my relevant biography:  I was baptized Catholic in Chicago according to the old form.  Made my first Communion at age 7 and Confirmation at age 14 Queen of All Saints Basilica, Archdiocese of Chicago.  Confirmed by Cdl. Joseph Bernardin according to the new form.  Attended Catholic grade school from K through a Master's Degree except for a few years in college when I went to an Engineering School.  Educated by Benedictine nuns and Jesuit priests.  Became "trad" in the late 90's.

Your turn.  Who were you educated by, who were you baptized and confirmed by, who was responsible for your Catechesis and theological knowledge, where and at what age.

Go.

ETA: if you don't want to answer, fine.  I won't ask again.  However, if you are an ex-Protestant I suggest that while you do embrace Dogma, etc., and confess the faith, the way you look at things and perform exegesis is not the way to go and what made me suspect, rightly or wrongly, that you are an ex-Protestant.  What you should do is read the Fathers and hold to their interpretation first and assume the texts are literal whenever possible.  The same with the CCC, etc.  This is not just my opinion, either, but how the Church says we should read Scripture, and it is my opinion that is how we should look at the CCC and other things, too.  That's the only relevance in my question - how you approach things; to be clear, I'm not questioning your faith.

Messages In This Thread
Re: There is No Such Thing as a Homosexual Catholic Priest - by Historian - 02-24-2011, 01:43 AM