There is No Such Thing as a Homosexual Catholic Priest
(02-25-2011, 11:15 PM)Pomprincess Wrote: I just still don't get how the "church" can go about saying things like "homosexuals" can't be Catholics when I really don't see the sin in any of it.

She doesn't.  Johnny Catholic does.

If you can't see the sin in the actions, you can look in the Bible.  Homosexual acts are condemned.

Quote:As well....honestly I know a priest should not be homosexual...but we can't say there is no such thing as a "homosexual" priest because with the amount of people who are "homosexual" I know that there has to be some priests out there who are "homosexual." Though because of fear, they most likely have not come out due to that one reason of fear, and fear alone. I do not blame them either for not coming out because the world in itself is not yet "fair" to the treatment of people who are "homosexual." I think that if there was a "homosexual" who wanted to be a priest he should not be denied...especially if he has been single and has lived in chastity...then I would not see the difference between him and a "regular" priest. Now these are just a few of my opinions.

The Pope said no to homosexual priests.  That's the end of it.  If you want to read why, he wrote a lengthy document explaining it.

The Church isn't about "fair".  If we used "fair" it wouldn't be fair women couldn't be priests either or that as a layman I can't consecrate a host. It's not "fair" that a cripple can't be a priest either.  The Church is about Faith and Morals and a consistent theology.

Messages In This Thread
Re: There is No Such Thing as a Homosexual Catholic Priest - by Historian - 02-25-2011, 11:18 PM