There is No Such Thing as a Homosexual Catholic Priest
(02-26-2011, 01:20 AM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(02-25-2011, 11:07 PM)James02 Wrote: I believe if you don't make a worthy communion once per year, you are officially an apostate.  In which case you are no longer Catholic.  Others more knowledgeable can fill in the details.

I highly doubt that is true because one apostatizes by not believing what the Church teaches, not by missing Mass.  To miss the Easter Obligation is a mortal sin, not an excommunicable act.

This is something I have wondered about.  I didn't receive communion last easter season and probably won't again this year, because I have things I would need to confess that I'm not ready to yet.  It's only because of my belief in Christ in the eucharist that I don't receive, I wouldn't dare desecrate the eucharist by receiving it unworthily.  So, in the Church's eyes, am I no longer Catholic, or in mortal sin because I refused to commit a mortal sin?  How does the Church define my status?

Messages In This Thread
Re: There is No Such Thing as a Homosexual Catholic Priest - by Melkite - 02-26-2011, 11:32 AM