There is No Such Thing as a Homosexual Catholic Priest
(03-04-2011, 02:24 PM)voxpopulisuxx Wrote: There is a difference between actual sin and original sin. Meaning no one can avoid original sin. Everyone can avoid devient sexual behavior. The behavior causes the homosexual lust not the other way around.

So, you're saying homosexual lust only results from acts, but heterosexual (i.e., normal) lust only results from original sin?  It that it?

If so, my question still stands:

Quote:Do you have a theological citation for that?  If not, what are you basing your belief that original sin, the fall from grace, is not part of all sin?

My counterargument, if that's your contention, is that it seems to me that Church teaching is all sin comes from our fallen nature, and that would include even unnatural acts such as masturbation, sodomy, bestiality, etc.  St. Thomas (ST II-II Q 154) argues that unnatural lust is a species of lust, and lust obviously comes from our fallen nature, therefore, I would argue, so do unnatural acts and lust.

Self-abuse is an unnatural act.  Do you think that comes from our fallen nature or from behavior?  If you say from fallen nature, what makes sodomy special since both are unnatural acts?  How would you answer St. Thomas?

Messages In This Thread
Re: There is No Such Thing as a Homosexual Catholic Priest - by Historian - 03-04-2011, 04:14 PM