fulfilling Sunday obligation in China
How do I fulfill the Sunday obligation if I were to go to China for example, legitamately? are there any TLMs there? Would I be in danger of arrest because of the so called schismatic CPA? What would you reccomend?
I would suggest staying away from underground Catholics unless you want to get them arrested.  Your Sunday obligation does not obligate you to put other people in danger.
(02-18-2011, 12:25 PM)spasiisochrani Wrote: I would suggest staying away from underground Catholics unless you want to get them arrested.  Your Sunday obligation does not obligate you to put other people in danger.

Exactly.

The seminal question in this case is, Is being in a country that openly persecutes the faith acceptable in your circumstances?  Most likely, the answer is yes (e.g., economic practicalities, family requirements, etc.  Still, this is a question we have to ask (I would personally think unacceptable reasons would be attempting to flee a 'more religious [Catholic influence]' culture, rebellion against a lawful government, attempting to favor a persecuting state for the sake of it, etc.)

This is a fair case of not getting tripped up on the letter of the law to the detriment of its spirit.  For a number of us, we might be compelled to visit Arabian nations strictly for business purposes; attempting to sniff out an underground Catholic community in Saudi Arabia simply to go to Mass on a Sunday would not be what God wants of us due to the clear threat such an action would pose to others.
I recommend getting a dispensation from your pastor.
(02-18-2011, 12:20 PM)love alabama Wrote: How do I fulfill the Sunday obligation if I were to go to China for example, legitamately? are there any TLMs there? Would I be in danger of arrest because of the so called schismatic CPA? What would you reccomend?

I reckon you could attend the New Mass. Here, in the SSPX Asia District, I have heard it said that the New Mass is valid if the priest has the right intention. However, the rider is added that even a New Mass , even though valid, is displeasing to God.
Develop acute appendicitis on Friday night.  That should pretty much guarantee your Sunday obligation is null and void.  Of course, being turned over to the tender mercies of the Chinese medical community might render your life null and void, but he comes as a thief, no?

Or just avoid China and Arabia altogether.  I'd worry more about the horrors in your average American Catholic parish on any given Sunday, but that's just me.