Voris: The conspiracy
http://www.firstthings.com/article/2011/...nardin-era It's by Weigel, and he says that the Bernadin era is over, but it is an article that relates well to the topics covered in the video by explaining how Bernadin manipulated the American Church to a liberal interpretation of V2 through his extensive influence in picking and assigning Bishops. Sad to read, but illuminating none the less.
(02-20-2011, 07:03 AM)Nic Wrote: Voris is a "traditionally minded" neo-con that is, IMO, on the edge of becoming a true trad, he just needs a good push (although that push may not even be enough - because if he aligns himself with true traditionalism, then he will alienate the majority of his neo-con constituency).  He continues to complain about the problems in the Church, very rarely explaining why those problems are there to begin with, and never hitting the nail on the head as to the true cause.  The answer is that it is the Second Vatican Council that has changed the ecclesiastical orientation in the Church by initiating a strange, subverted yet effective "coup d'etat" within the official structure of the Church.... 

....Therefore, it is not the "abuses" of the New Mass that are the problem, but the New Mass itself that is the problem.

Anyway, for those of us who understand this modern crisis for what it really is - we know that the schism has already occurred, regardless of them claiming to be "within" the official structure of the Church.

Uh, Voris has a whole hour-long documentary, rather newish, on his website tackling Vatican II and how the attack on how we pray is an attack on how we are as Catholics.

He also has an hour-long documentary that starts with the community organizing of Saul Alinsky in Chicago, and how he influenced many bishops. 

In both of these documentaries, he mentions the popes at fault and calls them weak.

I'm not an enormous Voris apologist or anything, but I really think that he does address these issues in the documentaries on the website.  (I watch them when I'm bored.)
Both Ggreg and Peter the Rock noted concerns as well. The former, I believe, actually bought a year membership and was disappointed at the lack of investigation and overall concern for the release of the Third Secret. PTR was given a lengthy and legalist explanation as to Real CatholicTV's attitude towards the SSPX, which I believe The Remnant picked up and linked to. Overall I like Voris and his work; I pray that he is able to continue and will look more into these topics.
What are this guys credentils anyway? Besides being a good speaker and producer? Where did he come from and how did he get an audience? (Not that I dont like what hes saying...but Like Fr Corapi...I always smell a small rat when they speak)
He was in a seminary for a few years I guess and he has a Bachelors in Theology.

(02-20-2011, 01:00 PM)voxpopulisuxx Wrote: What are this guys credentils anyway? Besides being a good speaker and producer? Where did he come from and how did he get an audience? (Not that I dont like what hes saying...but Like Fr Corapi...I always smell a small rat when they speak)

I gots to know- "but Like Fr Corapi...I always smell a small rat when they speak

What does that mean?  :)

Don't like Fr. Corapi ... or don't like Voris?
(02-20-2011, 03:42 PM)thomas7 Wrote:
(02-20-2011, 01:00 PM)voxpopulisuxx Wrote: What are this guys credentils anyway? Besides being a good speaker and producer? Where did he come from and how did he get an audience? (Not that I dont like what hes saying...but Like Fr Corapi...I always smell a small rat when they speak)

I gots to know- "but Like Fr Corapi...I always smell a small rat when they speak

What does that mean?  :)

Don't like Fr. Corapi ... or don't like Voris?
I like them, but they have the shade of NO Vat2 about them that gives me pause to back them completely.
(02-20-2011, 03:37 PM)Petertherock Wrote: He was in a seminary for a few years I guess and he has a Bachelors in Theology.

He has an STB which is a lot more than a bachelor's in theology.  It comes from a Pontifical university and is equivalent to a graduate degree.
(02-20-2011, 03:54 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(02-20-2011, 03:37 PM)Petertherock Wrote: He was in a seminary for a few years I guess and he has a Bachelors in Theology.

He has an STB which is a lot more than a bachelor's in theology.  It comes from a Pontifical university and is equivalent to a graduate degree.

Thanks for clearing up my confusion.

When I read the indifference about Michael Voris, Fr Corapi and the church in general it brings me back to the words of Pope Paul VI -

"The smoke of Satan has entered the Catholic church"