Fake Milk
I am a vegetarian/vegan, so I do not drink or use milk much. Since it has been so long, things with milk in them make me kind of ill (in a not so subtle way).

I have had a strange desire to eat cold cereal. I have an intellectual dislike of cold cereal because it is largely sugar and chemicals with parts of grains with the nutritional bit thrown out and vitamins and minerals added so they can say it is "healthy", and because it is eaten with milk, which I do not drink.

But, I decided to look for something simple, plain puffed rice (basically, popped rice in the spirit of pop corn). I found that (the cereals in the unassuming bags) and then to find some fake milk. I was considering soy milk, but I do not really have a preference for soy. I was hoping to find almond or rice milk, and I did. Maybe almond milk is more popular now, but I got some of that.

Now, I hope to have my first cold cereal in years...wish me luck.

Also, I got some flat bread (Greek) and some hummus for a familiar healthy meal.
What brand of almond milk did you get?  I've found that the Silk brand is pretty good.
I know a lot of people who drink rice milk and like it.  Never tried fake milk myself, unless you consider powdered milk fake (which it is, after a fashion).
I've always eaten my cereal cold and without milk.  :)
(02-20-2011, 03:52 PM)Pilgrim Wrote: What brand of almond milk did you get?  I've found that the Silk brand is pretty good.
It is Silk.

I never had it before. This will be my first time having fake milk.

I am going to eat some now. I am opening my new dishes (I am a single man...my "dishes" are used for "cooking" and eating, and are disposed of when they are not worth cleaning) now.

I came over to the computer to question the point of saying Almond milk contains Almonds specifically on the allergens part. Of course, I've seen "cranberry juice" which did not contain cranberries before.
(02-20-2011, 04:06 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: I've always eaten my cereal cold and without milk.  :)
You are in college...you are supposed to do that. I bet you've eaten Ramen noodles dry as well.
(02-20-2011, 03:57 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: I know a lot of people who drink rice milk and like it.  Never tried fake milk myself, unless you consider powdered milk fake (which it is, after a fashion).
This is my first time trying it.

I wouldn't call it "milk" though. It does not taste like milk, although, it has its consistency.
i eat ramen noodles dry. So are you a vegan or a vegetarian, currently?
(02-20-2011, 04:19 PM)Bakuryokuso Wrote: i eat ramen noodles dry. So are you a vegan or a vegetarian, currently?

I am. I call myself a vegan, but it brings up all sorts of political, extra dietary, meanings for some. Also, if I say I am a vegan, and I happen to eat something which contains some milk product (which happens, usually at special occasions away from home), people can get a bit silly about it...as if I am forbidden by some divine edict to ever eat anything with milk in it because of a general dietary choice I have made.
(02-20-2011, 04:18 PM)Rosarium Wrote:
(02-20-2011, 04:06 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: I've always eaten my cereal cold and without milk.  :)
You are in college...you are supposed to do that. I bet you've eaten Ramen noodles dry as well.

Lol, no, but I've always done it, even as a kid.  ;)