Fake Milk
(02-22-2011, 05:55 PM)Habitual_Ritual Wrote:
(02-22-2011, 05:52 PM)Pilgrim Wrote:
(02-22-2011, 05:50 PM)Habitual_Ritual Wrote: That's a big win for Raw Milk in CA for 2006 (1644 - 6 ).  CDC numbers by the way.

So, you'll trust the CDC when it agrees with you.  Interesting...

Actually I don't but I figured I'd fight fire with fire given our freinds absolute faith in that odious organisation.Thanks for not contributing anything meaningful btw....appreciate it.

Sorry, I just couldn't help but point that inconsistency out.  Plus, if meaningfulness was a requirement for posting, most of us would have been banned long ago...
(02-22-2011, 05:14 PM)Revixit Wrote:
(02-22-2011, 04:42 PM)Malleus Haereticorum Wrote: I already buy Raw milk now.   I am thinking of getting the Cow so that I wont have to buy it anymore.   My Dad grew up on a farm in Indiana and his entire Family  Drank raw milk ,  he until he was in his 20's and never once got sick.  Its like anything else - Bacteria can grow in or on anything.   If I own the cow I can control the environment it is in.  And BTW , the Acreage I live on was once a Milk farm prior to the 60's and I still have the cow barn (Although it needs a lot of work,. )  There is a Brick building in town that still bears the title of "Creamery" in its facade although its an Auto repair business now.   IMO we need to ditch all this global economy and big agri business and get back to the way it used to be in the US.   We are all standing there while foreign interests take over what was once ours.   Unles we produce and consume what we produce we will be at thge mercy of foreign governments.

I think what you are doing is great, wish we could still garden as we used to, have chickens.  All we can manage now is a few herbs, looking forward to a new year of herbs and starting to sprout seeds to eat, too, which we used to do all the time.  We used to make yogurt and cottage cheese, still bake bread.  I'm a big believer in the Slow Food movement and the movement to eat locally produced food, want the world to slow down, enjoy.

I also hate Monsanto, GMOs, Frankenfood, agribusiness, monoculture, and totally agree that we should return to family farms.  As a biologist, I am totally opposed to GMOs, to patenting GMOs, to cloning, to IVF and AI, though I suppose AI in agriculture is acceptable as it allows a small farmer to have cows and calves without owning a bull.

I just want people to realize the potential dangers of raw milk and be sure they get raw milk from a farmer who knows how to keep the milk safe.  

Well I Hunt , I fish and I process all of my own game - I  have raised My own Chickens and Turkeys and Guineas ( Last two years I have bee ntoo busy but maybe this year.  I Run into people all the time who tell me Venison is bad or dangerous.  Same with fish (Mercury)  I dont buy into any of it.  Granted , you wouldnt kill a diseased animal and eat it or you run the risk of getting sick.  But tell me the difference between the Tainted Chickens from that Slaughter house right here in iowa last year , how they were shipped out and people got sick who bought them from the Stores - some as far away as Texas and Me killing my own free range Meat Chickens I see eating the bugs in my yard. Same with Milk . I think we all run a food risk  , but that far too many of us are unaware of the risks and eat the food we buy assuming it safe.  One of my sons worked in a Hog Confinement for three years after High School.  He refuses to eat any Pork now.  Whats that tell you. 
I got some more fake milk, but I tried puffed millet. It was good. It is like tiny (plain) popcorn.
I got some "Coconut Milk" also from Silk.

I am about to try it for the first time.
Have you tried oat milk?
(05-14-2011, 10:42 AM)Rosarium Wrote: I got some "Coconut Milk" also from Silk.

I don't know about coconut milk, but with coconut water you shouldn't drink a lot initially.  Some people (not me) get diarrhea from drinking a glass of that.  Some people seem to be unaffected.
(05-14-2011, 01:30 PM)The Curt Jester Wrote:
(05-14-2011, 10:42 AM)Rosarium Wrote: I got some "Coconut Milk" also from Silk.

I don't know about coconut milk, but with coconut water you shouldn't drink a lot initially.   Some people (not me) get diarrhea from drinking a glass of that.  Some people seem to be unaffected.

I am using it with cereal (in this case, plain puffed millet). However, it isn't the same as coconut water (which I have never had).

Vegetables of all sorts generally cause no gastric issues with me (even raw cabbage and such).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coconut_milk

I got the plain coconut milk (it was new at the store). It is very good. I like it better than the almond milk. It is more watery and has, surprise, a coconut taste.
(05-14-2011, 01:18 PM)ecclesiastes Wrote: Have you tried oat milk?

No, the store doesn't have that.
Chinese television said fake powder and malnourished babies were also found in the neighbouring province of Shandong. Once Fake Milk has been mixed, you can reuse the same mixture indefinatly, just travel with it in a resealable container . You get a 1oz. bottle, enough to make many many mixes. Do not drink!
I drink almond "milk" quite often and like it. Not intended to be milk. It's called "almond drink". I like the rice "milk." Another alternative is hemp "milk", which contains more protein than others. Soy "milk" is really unhealthy, contrary to common belief, and should be avoided. All fermented soy products can spoil the estrogen levels of people and should be avoided.