Another thread on "lying".
(02-21-2011, 12:29 AM)Revixit Wrote: We want PP shut down.  But we can do it with true stories that no one coerced from anyone.  There are former PP employees who would speak out if given the chance.

A perfect example: Abby Johnson, a former Planned Parenthood director who turned pro-life after watching a abortion on  ultrasound.  She wrote a book "Unplanned" that I have heard of from various sources lately. It sounds fantastic.  ...Most amazing,  a passage from it was read in Congress just recently.  Here's an article about the fight against planned parenthood funding in the US house: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011...cross-bow/

Truth works. Leave lying to Planned Parenthood.
who got coerced?
whats wrong with you people!!!!
Revixit Wrote:People don't like lying or entrapment so I hope she will stop these "actions" and find honest ways to help the pro-life movement.

Nothing she has done involves entrapment or coercion. Like DK said, "what's wrong with you people?!"

Entrapment is constituted by one person inducing another person to commit an offense that the person would otherwise have been unlikely to commit. There is no entrapment where a person is ready and willing to break the law and the agents merely provide what appears to be a favorable opportunity for the person to commit the crime. The vermin Ms. Rose caught had as much of a free and unhindered opportunity to do what the law proscribes, but chose not to.

In regard to people who "don't like lying", do you think anyone with even the smallest shred of moral common sense would be offended by a woman who brought underage human traffickers to justice simply because she assumed a persona and hid a camcorder in the process? ... Please.

This lady is using the same tactics that got Acorn out of our tax dollars ... and is it a coincidence that the House approved a bill to defund PP yesterday? More than likely it wont get past the senate, but it just goes to show how close we're coming, thanks to folks like Ms. Rose. The various Pro-life organizations out there have done a great job in helping individual women and disseminating the truth of abortion procedures. But they have had little to no effect on the federal (i.e. lawmaking) level. The same tired tactics of the past 40 years have proven to be ineffectual. If hiding a camcorder and pretending to be a hooker manages to do more in a few months than in four decades ... who here is going to be scolding Ms. Rose with petty Pharisaical moral legalism?
(02-21-2011, 11:38 PM)Doce Me Wrote:
(02-21-2011, 12:29 AM)Revixit Wrote: We want PP shut down.  But we can do it with true stories that no one coerced from anyone.  There are former PP employees who would speak out if given the chance.

A perfect example: Abby Johnson, a former Planned Parenthood director who turned pro-life after watching a abortion on  ultrasound.  She wrote a book "Unplanned" that I have heard of from various sources lately. It sounds fantastic.  ...Most amazing,  a passage from it was read in Congress just recently.  Here's an article about the fight against planned parenthood funding in the US house: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011...cross-bow/

Abby Johnson is just the most recent former PP employee to tell the truth about how their "counselors" actually sell abortions to confused girls and women.  I think they are far better witnesses for the pro-life movement than a young woman who uses deception and entrapment.

"Truth works. Leave lying to Planned Parenthood."  I like this!

Welcome to FE, by the way!

(02-21-2011, 11:38 PM)Doce Me Wrote:

Deception is neither intrinsically sinful or evil. I applaud Ms. Johnson for her conversion and her advocacy and I also applaud Ms. Rose for her continued assaults on PP. We need both.
It's lying to keep  spreading the li. That lil rose was lying
deception is different then lying
perhaps you can take your own advice Doc me and leave lying to pp
I just asked my pastor his opinion on Lila Rose and he said "no comment"

LOL

Then he quickly added that he doesn't know enough about this particular case, and started listing the exceptions we make for deceiving. He agreed with the priest on Raymond's show that this is a "gray area."