New article on "Light of the World" and the condom statements
Contraceptive use and fornication are two separate sins that occur at the same time in some cases.  To say that using contraception during fornication does not add to the sin of fornication is simply false.
I agree with Miss Fluffy

I also want to add that out of wedding pregnancies have always been very common, but until very recently, if an unmarried woman found herself pregnant, the parents of both the woman and the man would "force" them to get married so that the kid would not be born out of wedlock.

Open to life fornication was the cause of many marriages, so in a way something good came from being open to life even if not married.
(02-21-2011, 10:55 PM)justlurking Wrote: I agree with Miss Fluffy

Me too.
(02-21-2011, 10:09 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(02-21-2011, 09:49 PM)kingtheoden Wrote: The analysis is crisp, learned, and erudite - up to the point after which it makes the leap to sedevacantism.  There have been very dark times in the Church (Arianism, good chunk of the 10th century, the Avignon captivity, the Borgia era, etc.)  in which the Vicar of Christ either lent some type of support to heretics or behaved in a contemptible manner.  Perhaps we are on the edge of a cliff, with decades of confusing language, but none the less, the Pope is the Pope and that is the end of it.

Though my sentiments are similar to yours, discussion of sedevacantism, pro or con, isn't allowed on the forum.  Thanks!

My apologies!  I claim ignorance this time (as I'm a rookie.)
(02-22-2011, 12:17 AM)kingtheoden Wrote:
(02-21-2011, 10:09 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(02-21-2011, 09:49 PM)kingtheoden Wrote: The analysis is crisp, learned, and erudite - up to the point after which it makes the leap to sedevacantism.  There have been very dark times in the Church (Arianism, good chunk of the 10th century, the Avignon captivity, the Borgia era, etc.)  in which the Vicar of Christ either lent some type of support to heretics or behaved in a contemptible manner.  Perhaps we are on the edge of a cliff, with decades of confusing language, but none the less, the Pope is the Pope and that is the end of it.

Though my sentiments are similar to yours, discussion of sedevacantism, pro or con, isn't allowed on the forum.  Thanks!

My apologies!  I claim ignorance this time (as I'm a rookie.)

No worries. :)
(02-21-2011, 10:25 PM)miss_fluffy Wrote: Contraceptive use and fornication are two separate sins that occur at the same time in some cases.  To say that using contraception during fornication does not add to the sin of fornication is simply false.

This seems self-evident.  Perhaps this theory is a mental pretzel meant to assure us that there is nothing unsettling with this particular exchange in Light of the World.  Whatever the case, I detect shades of Catharism in this pop theology.