Aussie priests threaten "mass exodus" over new English NO translation
(02-22-2011, 09:39 AM)Bakuryokuso Wrote: THE Catholic Church is facing open defiance over its new Mass,

New Mass??
(02-22-2011, 02:24 PM)m.PR Wrote:
(02-22-2011, 09:39 AM)Bakuryokuso Wrote: THE Catholic Church is facing open defiance over its new Mass,

New Mass??

That's about the average level of accuracy for the mainstream media when reporting on the Church.
Don't let the door hit you in the head.
A new translation of the NO Mass has been implemented in some churches in New Zealand (I can't say all or even most as I don't normally go to the NO Mass). The churches I've seen that use it have little red booklets with the new text of the Mass in it. I looked through one and noticed that 'et cum spiritu tuo' was translated as 'and with your spirit' and the opening lines of the Gloria were now in an acceptable translation. However, I noticed that the Words of Consecration still had 'for all'.

I've been to weekday NO Masses and when the priest says "The Lord be with you", some people reply "And also with you" and others say "And with your spirit".

BTW, MaidenofGod, whereabouts in Australia are you?
it's supposed to say "for many". #masstranslationfail #newspringtimefail LOL anyhoo, our priest (who's been saying only the tlm since at least 1975) has been giving a course on the mass after mass the last few months. This past sunday was about the prayers after the consecration. He was elaborating on the importance of keeping Latin as a liturgical language because, among many other reasons, of mistranslations. Yech.
Let 'em go. Here comes the "smaller, purer church"!

They can go join the Anglicans, and we'll take the Anglican conservatives. Fair swap!
trade deadline is coming up!
Admonish them as to the Teachings of Holy Mother church then after a second admonition ( in the same line of scripture advising one to twice admonish a heretic): Excommunicate the rebellious clerics.
(02-22-2011, 09:39 AM)Bakuryokuso Wrote: THE Catholic Church is facing open defiance over its new Mass, with at least a dozen Australian priests indicating they will refuse to use it when it comes into force later this year.

Wow... so they are literally saying, "I will not serve".

Are they sure they want to align themselves with the previous creatures who chose pride over obedience??
(02-22-2011, 10:35 PM)MichaelNZ Wrote: BTW, MaidenofGod, whereabouts in Australia are you?

Perth, WA.