Aussie priests threaten "mass exodus" over new English NO translation
(02-22-2011, 12:17 PM)Baskerville Wrote:
(02-22-2011, 09:39 AM)Bakuryokuso Wrote: urged their bishops to delay the changes for at least five years

I have read this before and I think its code for. "Benedict is almost 84 he can't last that much longer hopefully he'll kick it and we will get our liberal Pope we want that will let us use Mass for Children as the Eucharistic prayer".

This really is scary. As much as we can find fault with Pope Benedict he is certainly better than JPII and I am very scared of what we will get after Pope Benedict XVI. Are there any good traditional cardinals that have a realistic chance of becoming Pope or do we look forward to another JPII or worse?

(02-23-2011, 09:24 AM)Petertherock Wrote:
(02-22-2011, 12:17 PM)Baskerville Wrote:
(02-22-2011, 09:39 AM)Bakuryokuso Wrote: urged their bishops to delay the changes for at least five years

I have read this before and I think its code for. "Benedict is almost 84 he can't last that much longer hopefully he'll kick it and we will get our liberal Pope we want that will let us use Mass for Children as the Eucharistic prayer".

This really is scary. As much as we can find fault with Pope Benedict he is certainly better than JPII and I am very scared of what we will get after Pope Benedict XVI. Are there any good traditional cardinals that have a realistic chance of becoming Pope or do we look forward to another JPII or worse?

Don't get scared, get praying.
Since when was 12 priests out of 3000 a "mass exodus"?

Quote:Hundreds more are angry about the lack of consultation for the new, more literal translation of the 400-year-old Latin text

The Novus Ordo is 400 years old?

Man, did this journalist do any research at all?
(02-22-2011, 12:32 PM)MaidenofGod Wrote:
(02-22-2011, 12:10 PM)JayneK Wrote:  I found most of the quotes in this article infuriating.  :realmad:

Same here. They just don't get it.  :doh:

I live in Australia and, I can't say that this article corresponds with the reactions of any of the priests I know. I would say that the majority are happy to use the new translation, and the minority, like the ones interviewed in this article, are opposed to it. Or that whoever has written it has taken the priest's ideas/quotes out of context. But looking at the pic of him, he seems quite the liberal- no collar!  ;)
But anyway- imo, the SMH (Sydney Morning Herald) is not a reliable newspaper for Catholic news in general. Anything they say about the Church should be taken with a grain of salt i.e as a joke!
Try The Record instead! http://www.therecord.com.au

Hey, everyone knows that the Catholic Weekly is the best diocesan newspaper in Australia!  ;D
(02-23-2011, 09:33 AM)Aragon Wrote:
(02-22-2011, 12:32 PM)MaidenofGod Wrote:
(02-22-2011, 12:10 PM)JayneK Wrote:  I found most of the quotes in this article infuriating.  :realmad:

Same here. They just don't get it.  :doh:

I live in Australia and, I can't say that this article corresponds with the reactions of any of the priests I know. I would say that the majority are happy to use the new translation, and the minority, like the ones interviewed in this article, are opposed to it. Or that whoever has written it has taken the priest's ideas/quotes out of context. But looking at the pic of him, he seems quite the liberal- no collar!  ;)
But anyway- imo, the SMH (Sydney Morning Herald) is not a reliable newspaper for Catholic news in general. Anything they say about the Church should be taken with a grain of salt i.e as a joke!
Try The Record instead! http://www.therecord.com.au

Hey, everyone knows that the Catholic Weekly is the best diocesan newspaper in Australia!  ;D
:laughing: :laughing: nice one!
Excommunicate them and let them go join the Anglicans with their sodomite priests and denial of scripture.  As to "are they sure they want to align with the other creatures who chose pride over obedience", some of them have been for a long time.
SSPX in and these idiots out.

I'd say we would get the better of that trade.
Yeah this priest is ruining our general worldwide vibe. Maybe he was
Drunk when they interviewed him. How can he be so against the Latin
Mass? Is it really that offensive to people?
before switching from NO to TLM I asked my NO priest about the new translation and he thought it was a terrible idea. And this is a priest who says the NO in Latin once a month. He feels the Latin is already archaic and making the English closer to the Latin is a step backwards. His examples were: no on knows what "consubstantial" means... "chalice" is a Latin upper class term, Jesus used a cup... No one knows what "I'm not worthy to have you under my roof" means, etc.

Their idea is that the spirit of V2 demands everything be understandable and "authentic" and by that measure, the translation is supposedly a failure.
there are some decent Catholic periodicals in Australia, in particular : AD2000 []http://www.ad2000.com.au/], and Fidelity http://www.fidelitybooks.com.au/cgi-bin/mengine.cgi?searchuid=11492&log=topten&ft=frontpage&fp=frontpage

the mainstream media will never mention good priests faithful to the Church.