What landed in my comments boxes (Was Hitler a Catholic?)
(02-26-2011, 04:08 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(02-26-2011, 03:49 PM)Habitual_Ritual Wrote: But what is abortion but the killing of an innocent.We know the Nazis engaged in such killing (including abortion) .Does it then become an individual matter? The Church does excommunicate whole groups however.Perhaps the  question should be, "Why were the Nazi party not formally excommunicated" ? Still an interesting question...

The only groups I know of excommunicated en-masse were either Freemasons (who held as their goal the destruction of the Church) or heretical and schismatic sects.  Though Nazis promoted heresy, one could be a Nazi and Catholic.
ndeed
The only time a government was excommunicated, that I know of, was when the King or Queen was excommunicated for their personal acts.

Or are you thinking of something else?

Certainly excommunication of groups tends to be based more on matters of faith n doctrine etc.I'm sure tho the Nazi Party ,who likely had a significant RC membership (for ease of getting along) could be argued as being at war with both the spirit just as much as the flesh given  their promotion of pagan philosophical ideology.Could it be argued that Hitler,head of a party who did indeed materially support abortion programs,be materially culpable?

Hitler also openly opposed the Church but also used Germanys Christian roots as a political tool.He personally proposed an Aryan view of Christ which could certainly be seen as heretical.

Messages In This Thread
Re: What landed in my comments boxes (Was Hitler a Catholic?) - by Habitual_Ritual - 02-26-2011, 04:25 PM