Poll: How often do you personally pray the Rosary?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The Rosary
The Rosary does not seem to be everyone's cup of tea, and I am interested in people's views.  For me, I pray the Rosary as often as I can and am never found without at least one on my person.

Oh, I believe that around here people find it to be very important.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
15 decades daily for me.

I answered "daily," which is the goal, but I often fall short of this.  Far too often, in fact.
(02-27-2011, 04:04 PM)Jacafamala Wrote: Oh, I believe that around here people find it to be very important.

Yes it is very very important. Extremely important. Vitally important. Terribly important. (have I emphasized it enough?!)
I could not even try to get to heaven without it!  :)
I'm daily but if the good fathers are sending a bouquet to Il Papa, I'll do the whole 15 decades for that purpose. In this time of revolution and conflict it is a better weapon than the AK-47.

tim
I voted for weekly, when in fact it is twice or thrice a week. As a matter of fact, I don't even really pray the rosary as it is known for, but a highly modified, personalized form. My version usually takes 45 min. to an hour, and I lack the fortitude to pray more than one every two days (God have mercy).

An example of my 'rosary', though this may also vary, is: Decade 1 to Mary (for my family), Decade 2 to Joseph (for my self), Decade 3 to Peter (for myself), Decade 4 to my 20 most dear saints (for myself), Decade 5 to the faithful other ten apostles (for the Church). Instead of remembering the mystery's of the rosary, I remember the intentions as well as the example of the intercessor. For example, one bead may be "Hail saint Joseph, my beloved patron, chaste, just, virtuous and humble, please pray for me a sinner to the Lord God" or "Hail virgin God bearer, spouse of the Holy Spirit and ark of the new Covenant, pray for me and my family, us sinners, now and at the hour of death, Amen." or "hail holy saint Peter, cephas, the rock. My patron and role model, steward of the king, vicar of Christ and prince of the apostles, pray for me a sinner now and at the hour of death"  :pray:
(02-27-2011, 06:28 PM)UnamSanctam Wrote: I voted for weekly, when in fact it is twice or thrice a week. As a matter of fact, I don't even really pray the rosary as it is known for, but a highly modified, personalized form. My version usually takes 45 min. to an hour, and I lack the fortitude to pray more than one every two days (God have mercy).

An example of my 'rosary', though this may also vary, is: Decade 1 to Mary (for my family), Decade 2 to Joseph (for my self), Decade 3 to Peter (for myself), Decade 4 to my 20 most dear saints (for myself), Decade 5 to the faithful other ten apostles (for the Church). Instead of remembering the mystery's of the rosary, I remember the intentions as well as the example of the intercessor. For example, one bead may be "Hail saint Joseph, my beloved patron, chaste, just, virtuous and humble, please pray for me a sinner to the Lord God" or "Hail virgin God bearer, spouse of the Holy Spirit and ark of the new Covenant, pray for me and my family, us sinners, now and at the hour of death, Amen." or "hail holy saint Peter, cephas, the rock. My patron and role model, steward of the king, vicar of Christ and prince of the apostles, pray for me a sinner now and at the hour of death"  :pray:

That's a very interesting devotion.  Thanks for sharing.  :)
I used to pray it daily but nowadays I just pray it monthly.

It depends.
The rosary is the highway which leads to Calvary and Salvation.  I aim to pray it daily.