Poll: How often do you personally pray the Rosary?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The Rosary
(02-27-2011, 08:12 PM)City Smurf Wrote: The rosary is the highway which leads to Calvary and Salvation.  I aim to pray it daily.

Totally unrelated, but how do you put the five favorite saints pictures on the bottom of the post
I have to admit that I do not pray the Rosary as often as I should. I just have a difficult time with it, mainly with concentration. I pray it every Sunday and different days of the week when I'm filling the pull of sin.
(02-27-2011, 08:44 PM)damooster Wrote: I have to admit that I do not pray the Rosary as often as I should. I just have a difficult time with it, mainly with concentration. I pray it every Sunday and different days of the week when I'm filling the pull of sin.

It's something that can be difficult getting started with.  Try taking it in smaller chunks (say, start with a decade a day and work up to a full Rosary), that way you can get used to meditating on the Mysteries for longer periods of time.
(02-27-2011, 09:30 PM)3Sanctus Wrote:
(02-27-2011, 08:44 PM)damooster Wrote: I have to admit that I do not pray the Rosary as often as I should. I just have a difficult time with it, mainly with concentration. I pray it every Sunday and different days of the week when I'm filling the pull of sin.

It's something that can be difficult getting started with.  Try taking it in smaller chunks (say, start with a decade a day and work up to a full Rosary), that way you can get used to meditating on the Mysteries for longer periods of time.

Thanks, I'll try that. Maybe pray a decade a day and then a full Rosary on Sunday or something. I really do want to pray it, I just find my mind wandering after a decade or two.
(02-27-2011, 08:12 PM)City Smurf Wrote: The rosary is the highway which leads to Calvary and Salvation.  I aim to pray it daily.

As do I.
I have a really hard time with the meditation on the mysteries as well...  and the concentration thing in general...  i'm going to try the one decade a day thing for lent, and see if I can work my way up to the whole rosary by Holy Thursday
(02-28-2011, 08:22 PM)catholicschoolmom Wrote: I have a really hard time with the meditation on the mysteries as well...  and the concentration thing in general...  i'm going to try the one decade a day thing for lent, and see if I can work my way up to the whole rosary by Holy Thursday

I prefer the Via Crucis during this season
I put weekly, but I go in spurts. Sometimes I pray it daily sometimes weekly. I usually pray it more during lent and in the summer time when I can pray it outside on walks and in my garden.
Any Rosary?  I pray the Servite Rosary usually.  For Lent, I am going to pray it daily, but otherwise from time-to-time.
My target is five days per week minimum.  Using a scriptural rosary (available online or at a good Catholic Bookstore) is a tremendous help.