NEW BIBLE FROM WACK BISHOPS!
More bull...
(03-02-2011, 08:15 PM)Baskerville Wrote:
(03-02-2011, 08:12 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote:
(03-02-2011, 08:08 PM)Baskerville Wrote: And some people think the reform of the reform is going to happen. :laughing:

Of course!  We need to make the Novus Ordo appealing and more "traditional"...    ::)

Every day the Conciliar Church goes further and further down the rabbit hole...

Yeah I dont see why people even belong to it anymore. Its such a joke.

Why do you think they are leaving in droves?  I can't help but wonder how things would have been had my Grandparents put up more of a fight.  Oh well.  At least they came back just in time to die with the sacraments.
I had heard they were revising it, but I figured it couldn't get much worse...

(03-02-2011, 06:56 PM)voxpopulisuxx Wrote: Among the most controversial changes is in a passage many Christians believe foreshadows the coming of Christ and his birth to the Virgin Mary.
The 1970 version of Isaiah 7:14 said "the virgin shall be with child, and bear a son, and shall name him Immanuel."
The 2011 text refers to "the young woman" instead. It elaborates that the original Hebrew word, "almah," may, or may not, signify a virgin.

Controversial?  It's blasphemous is what it is. 
(03-02-2011, 07:01 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote:
Quote:The word "holocaust" has been replaced by "burnt offering"

That's the biggest bullshit thing about NAB this time around. 

From the USCCB's Facebook page about the NABRE
Quote:Third, the changes reflect modern English usage.  The most notable change in this regard is the consistent substitution of “burnt offering” for “holocaust,” a word now reserved for the sacrilegious attempt to destroy the Jewish people by the Third Reich.  The Holy See required a similar change in volumes II-IV of the Lectionary for Mass.

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id...5152340065

Dude, a holocaust (in the traditional sense) a synonym for "burnt offering." I don't see the problem in translating the word that way. Plus, most people think of WWII and the Nazis, not Jewish temple offerings when they hear the word.

Also, not including the term "virgin" in Isiah's prophecy of the Incarnation is a way bigger deal than this. The "virgin" verse has serious doctrinal implications.
Bad scholarship. The context clearly indicates a virgin, NOT merely a young woman, and this is reflected in the translation of the original as parqenoV and not gunh. Origen answered any remaining questions on this issue 1700 years ago.
The booty removal might be a good idea.  Mike Judge got the idea for Beavis and Butthead at the NO Mass. When the priest said "Take this, all of you and eat it", he started giggling at "eat it" and B&B were born (another fruit of V2, though, probably one of the better ones).

I suspect booty would also cause giggles in the infantile mind.  When I was a kid, it would have in me.

BTW, voxp, you've been here long enough: DONT CAPITALIZE THREAD TITLES.  Thanks. :tiphat:
Hmm, so the NO does have one good thing about it...Long live B&B!!  :laughing:

As for removing holocaust...what else do you expect from the New Religion? And some people have no problem giving NO Parishes money? I would rather give the money to the local food pantry than the NO Church. At the very least give it to some place like the SSPX or the St. Benedict Center who can use the money to actually promote Catholicism.

(03-02-2011, 10:41 PM)Resurrexi Wrote:
(03-02-2011, 07:01 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote:
Quote:The word "holocaust" has been replaced by "burnt offering"

That's the biggest bullshit thing about NAB this time around. 

From the USCCB's Facebook page about the NABRE
Quote:Third, the changes reflect modern English usage.  The most notable change in this regard is the consistent substitution of “burnt offering” for “holocaust,” a word now reserved for the sacrilegious attempt to destroy the Jewish people by the Third Reich.  The Holy See required a similar change in volumes II-IV of the Lectionary for Mass.

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id...5152340065

Dude, a holocaust (in the traditional sense) a synonym for "burnt offering." I don't see the problem in translating the word that way. Plus, most people think of WWII and the Nazis, not Jewish temple offerings when they hear the word.

Also, not including the term "virgin" in Isiah's prophecy of the Incarnation is a way bigger deal than this. The "virgin" verse has serious doctrinal implications.

Oh, I see. So, you're saying that because the public is subject to a new "Holocaust" movie about every other week, and the subject seems to be brought up in some way through the ether and ink of mass media daily, and further, since this causes an ignorance among said populace, we should change the word in the Bible?

A Holocaust, just for those not paying attention, was the Sacrifice made to God by the Levitical Priesthood. It was also performed with a victim that was spotless and without blemish. Of course, this has immense ramifications for the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass. What should happen, is that the term should not be allowed to be used to explain whatever may, or may not, have happened in Auschwitz. Because it is sick to call the collective sufferring of many people, who were hardly without blemish, as a Sacrifice to God. The Levitical Priesthood folded up shop some 40 years after our Lord Ascended to Heaven.

My point, calling what may, or may not, have happened during WWII to Jews is being used by the ADL and B'nai B'rith to replace the ultimate Sacrifice, our Lord dying on the Holy Cross, with the collective sufferings of the Jews during this era. It's pure blashpemy. And through Dialogue with the Jews, our Bishops have catipulated once again.
(03-02-2011, 06:56 PM)voxpopulisuxx Wrote: Booty' Is Given The Boot From The Bible
Revised Bible Set For Release March 9
POSTED: Wednesday, March 2, 2011
UPDATED: 10:53 am EST March 2, 2011
Email
Print

AP Image
Catholic bishops have kicked the "booty" out of the Bible.
The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops has ordered up a new translation of the Bible, one it says is more accurate, more accessible and more poetic.
SURVEY: Do You Agree With The Changes In The New American Bible?
"Booty" will be replaced by the "spoils" of war when the newest edition of the New American Bible, the English-language Catholic Bible, comes out on Ash Wednesday, March 9.
Fifty scholars and translators, linguistics experts, theologians and five bishops spent 17 years on the project.
The New American Bible is used by U.S. bishops for prayer and study.
Other changes include:
The word "holocaust" has been replaced by "burnt offering"
Proverbs 31:10, the ode to "The Ideal Wife," is now a "Poem on the Woman of Worth." "Women will like this: being measured by their own accomplishments, not in terms of a husband's perspective," said Mary Elizabeth Sperry of the Bishops Conference.
Among the most controversial changes is in a passage many Christians believe foreshadows the coming of Christ and his birth to the Virgin Mary.
The 1970 version of Isaiah 7:14 said "the virgin shall be with child, and bear a son, and shall name him Immanuel."
The 2011 text refers to "the young woman" instead. It elaborates that the original Hebrew word, "almah," may, or may not, signify a virgin.

So in addition to not offending Jooooooz we also have gotten rid of wife because that would offend feminists. The Newchurch is declaring that Mary is no longer a virgin and she is just a "young woman." So tell me this isn't a new religion.