NEW BIBLE FROM WACK BISHOPS!
I understand that other changes being considered are removing all references of Hell and sin from the Bible since there is no such thing in the Conciliar Church  :laughing:

I wonder if the Conciliar Church will remove this from the Bible...

If any man shall add to these things, God shall add unto him the plagues written in this book. [19] And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from these things that are written in this book. [20] He that giveth testimony of these things, saith, Surely I come quickly: Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.

This was one of the worst things I could have read today.  What the hell.  Seriously, what the Fing hell.  It's no wonder my KJV Bible thumping Baptist Uncle thinks the Catholic Church is the Anti-Christ.  If this is what the leadership are doing, takin out the word Virgin????!!!  Heresy! Is anyone calling them on this?
I know the NAB was a piece of work in the first place, but to take out Virgin.... I am sick.

I converted to Catholicism on the Authority issue, and every where I turn that foundation is crumbling away.  If it weren't for God Himself proving to me the truth.... God have mercy.
Right, the angel appeared to a young woman (any one would do?) and she probably said, "All generations will call me happy".  Yep, happy Mary. That unwed pregnant teen.

When will our bishops be faithful as a whole?  From the one in NY who is 'fine' ordaining gay men to the ones who look the other way on liturgical abuses....

Oh wait, this is not heaven is it?  So the spirit of judas will always be with us?

---------------
Mother Mary, Our most Blessed Lady, forgive the slights to your Immaculate Heart.  Help us to love you more and more as you bring us ever closer to your divine Son.
Why are they using the Hebrew word for young woman anyway? I thought Catholic scripture was based on the Septuagint which was written in Greek.  It's all a bunch of dynamic equivalence nonsense. 
And....only the Jews could turn the slaughter of 6 million people into a money making scheme, Holocaust Inc.  That's why I'm not as upset about changing it to burnt offering. 
(03-03-2011, 02:27 PM)DrBombay Wrote: And....only the Jews could turn the slaughter of 6 million people into a money making scheme, Holocaust Inc.  That's why I'm not as upset about changing it to burnt offering. 

Of all the changes the Holocaust change is the one that bothers me the least.

(03-03-2011, 02:44 PM)Petertherock Wrote:
(03-03-2011, 02:27 PM)DrBombay Wrote: And....only the Jews could turn the slaughter of 6 million people into a money making scheme, Holocaust Inc.  That's why I'm not as upset about changing it to burnt offering. 

Actually, it's the one the bothers me most.

The withdrawal of the word holocaust is clearly yet another concession to International Jewry. The implication is that theirs is the only true holocaust.

Now, let me puke once more.

:puke:
Maybe if the NAB used "holocaust," then the USCCB would have to pay royalties to the Jews for trademark infringement?...
:laughing:
(03-03-2011, 02:49 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: Maybe if the NAB used "holocaust," then the USCCB would have to pay royalties to the Jews for trademark infringement?...
:laughing:

Perhaps.

The Jew is ever cunning.
(03-03-2011, 02:47 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(03-03-2011, 02:44 PM)Petertherock Wrote:

Actually, it's the one the bothers me most.

The withdrawal of the word holocaust is clearly yet another concession to International Jewry. The implication is that theirs is the only true holocaust.

Now, let me puke once more.

:puke:

I understand that...but taking out "Wife" and "Virgin" and replacing them with "Woman of worth" and "Young"? That is a lot worse then changing "Holocaust" to "Burnt offering" as those words mean the same...but those other changes change the entire meaning of the whole phrase.