NEW BIBLE FROM WACK BISHOPS!
The Greek is kecharitomene.  It is a perfect passive participle, meaning that Mary was, at some time in the past (before the Annunciation), completely and perfectly endowed with grace (by God, of course).  In other words, a completed and enduring action (her being 'graced' or 'given grace') - with permanent result - happened to Mary at some time prior to the Annunciation.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/07674d.htm

http://socrates58.blogspot.com/2006/07/l...ulate.html

http://www.catholic.com/thisrock/1992/9209fea2.asp

http://www.miraclerosarymission.org/960515.htm

http://kecharitomene.com/
Well guess who is not a fan of the new "NEW" American Bible... EWTN what a surprise. Raymond Arroyo and his guest called it ridiculous today.

Yeah I am pretty sure that Jimmy Akin, Mark Shea, Scott Hann, Steve Ray and all of Catholic Answers will be pretty pissed about it too.
(03-10-2011, 06:06 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: And the aungel entride to hir, and seide, Heil, ful of grace; the Lord be with thee; blessid be thou among wymmen.

It makes sense that his would include that clause since his translation is based solely on the Vulgate.
This bible is certainly not a true Catholic Bible. It is a Bible that only jews and protestants would love.

Its insane that they would change "virgin" to say "young woman" in Isaiah's prophecy
Lucy, referring to herself in the third person, describes the encounter:

On December 10, 1925, the Most Holy Virgin Herself appeared, and beside Her, borne by a luminous cloud, the Child Jesus. The Most Holy Virgin put Her hand on her shoulder and showed her, at the same time, a Heart surrounded by thorns which She held in the other hand. At that same moment, the Child said to her:

‘Have compassion on the Heart of your Most Holy Mother, covered with thorns with which ungrateful men pierce It at every moment, and there is no one to make an act of reparation to remove them.’

Then the Most Holy Virgin said:

‘Look, My daughter, at My Heart, surrounded with thorns with which ungrateful men pierce Me at every moment by their blasphemies and ingratitude. You at least try to console Me and announce in My name that I promise to assist at the moment of death, with all the graces necessary for salvation, all those who, on the first Saturday of five consecutive months shall receive the sacrament of Confession, receive Holy Communion, recite five decades of the Rosary, and keep Me company for fifteen minutes while meditating on the fifteen mysteries of the Rosary, with the intention of making reparation to My Immaculate Heart.’

‘My daughter, the reason is simple. There are five kinds of offenses and blasphemies uttered against the Immaculate Heart of Mary:

Blasphemies against the Immaculate Conception.
Blasphemies against Her perpetual Virginity.
Blasphemies against Her divine Maternity, while refusing at the same time to recognize Her as Mother of men.
The blasphemies of those who publicly seek to place in the hearts of children indifference or scorn, or even hatred towards this Immaculate Mother.
The offenses of those who outrage Her directly in Her holy images.
‘There My daughter, is the reason why the Immaculate Heart of Mary asked Me to request this small act of reparation, and in consideration of it, to move My mercy to forgive souls who have had the misfortune to offend Her. As for you, seek unceasingly, through your prayers and sacrifices, to move My mercy with regard to these poor souls.’

(03-02-2011, 07:01 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote:
Quote:The word "holocaust" has been replaced by "burnt offering"

That's the biggest bullshit thing about NAB this time around. 

From the USCCB's Facebook page about the NABRE
Quote:Third, the changes reflect modern English usage.  The most notable change in this regard is the consistent substitution of “burnt offering” for “holocaust,” a word now reserved for the sacrilegious attempt to destroy the Jewish people by the Third Reich.  The Holy See required a similar change in volumes II-IV of the Lectionary for Mass.
"Sacrilegious"?

Wow, here's more b******t:
Quote:Why have the editors chosen to go with “holy” Spirit instead of “Holy” Spirit?"
Quote:Is Jeremiah 15:12-14 going to be included in NABRE?
:LOL:
Quote:First, to get closer to the original text.
Actually, the Vulgate is closer:
Dore, Literary Lineage Of The KJV, pp. 316-17 Wrote:In some places the Douai Bible more accurately hands down the very words of the inspired writers than any English translation then existing. This is owing to the Latin having been taken from earlier MSS, than were accessible to later translators.
The 2011 text refers to "the young woman" instead. It elaborates that the original Hebrew word, "almah," may, or may not, signify a virgin.

I believe this to be i ncorrect because it is not the version that was used by Matthew when he wrote his gospel.
While I am indeed a blasphemer, and all manner of things wholly defiled by the very pitch of my own heart's malice, this stupid insistence of the translation of "almah" as young woman excluding Mary's virginal status, which is what is being done, is insidious and will be punished.

Quote:Ver. 14. Virgin, halma, (Haydock) one secluded from the company of men. Alma in Latin signifies "a holy person," and in Punic "a virgin." The term is never applied to any but "a young virgin." If it meant a young woman, what sort of a sign would this be? (St. Jerome) --- It was indeed above the sagacity of man to declare that the child to be born would be a boy, and live till the kings should be destroyed. But the prophet undoubtedly speaks of Jesus Christ, the wonderful, &c., (chap. ix. 5.) as well as of a boy, who should prefigure him, and be an earnest of the speedy destruction of the two kings. He was to be born of Isaias, (chap. viii. 4.) and of all the qualities belonging to the true Emmanuel, only that regards him, which intimates that the country should be delivered before he should come to years of discretion, ver. 16. (Calmet, Diss.) (Bossuet) --- The Fathers generally apply all to Christ. --- Called. Or shall be in effect, chap. i. 26. (Calmet) --- The king hardly trusted in God's mercies, whereupon the incarnation of Christ, &c., is foretold. (Worthington)
-Haydock's commentary.