Sunday really has been a casualty of the American system.
(03-06-2011, 01:02 AM)PeterII Wrote: Years ago I applied for a job at Home Depot and the interviewer asked about my schedule.  I said I was available Monday to Saturday.  She then asked if I was a Christian and whether I would work Sundays, which was probably illegal.  I said I would prefer Sunday mornings off, but would work afternoons or evenings as necessary.  She was not enthused and I didn't get the job despite my university degree and experience in manufacturing and construction.  I'm sure she was either Muslim or Hindu and only had a college diploma of some sort as she was younger than me too.  It's ok because I have scrunched up the experience into a little ball of hatred which will be released during a public calamity in conjunction with other disenfranchised white Christian males. 

The point is that the Lord's day is being violated because of multiculturalism.  I know a grocer whose union only made one concession in recent contract negotiations, and that was accepting to work on Sunday. 

I don't know if its really so much multiculturalism as it is a blatant rejection of Christianity. 
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
Mithrandylan Wrote:I don't know if its really so much multiculturalism as it is a blatant rejection of Christianity. 

We can cite several reasons:

- Multiculturalism - because non Christians who have different holy days are being accommodated

- Rejection of Christianity - Not observing religious practices, although Western countries still keep customs

- Crappy economy - which requires many people to work crappy service jobs on the weekend to make ends meet
I have no problem with a theocracy as long as it's a Catholic theocracy.

I wasn't necessarily suggesting Blue Laws, only that Sunday be the only day off with random, frequent, religious holidays to emphasize the Christian religion more. Sunday should be THE day we all look forward to. Standardizing another day off, like Saturday, equates the traditional Jewish Sabbath Day with Sunday and this is wrong. It sends the wrong message. I fear government decree and offending Jews and Moslems far less than managerial technical elites and being at at-will wage slave with no control over my future. At least I can vote for the government. 

(03-06-2011, 01:02 AM)PeterII Wrote: It's ok because I have scrunched up the experience into a little ball of hatred which will be released during a public calamity in conjunction with other disenfranchised white Christian males. 

LOL

Sign me up.
(03-06-2011, 05:30 PM)Petertherock Wrote: I have no problem with a theocracy as long as it's a Catholic theocracy.

I do.  I don't want anyone who listens to Alex Jones, or hates America (because they think it's the trad thing to do), or thinks women shouldn't wear pants, etc. etc. etc. making any laws for me to follow.  That's right...I like Texas the way it is...theocracy-free.
(03-07-2011, 12:42 PM)mistman Wrote: I wasn't necessarily suggesting Blue Laws, only that Sunday be the only day off with random, frequent, religious holidays to emphasize the Christian religion more. Sunday should be THE day we all look forward to. Standardizing another day off, like Saturday, equates the traditional Jewish Sabbath Day with Sunday and this is wrong. It sends the wrong message. I fear government decree and offending Jews and Moslems far less than managerial technical elites and being at at-will wage slave with no control over my future. At least I can vote for the government. 

Folks can't take just one day off...are you nuts?  Saturday is the first day of the week some folks get to sleep in (which they can't do on Sunday).  Then, they wildly run around all day doing errands that they couldn't get done during the week: haircuts, clothes & shoe shopping, car inspections, cleaning out the garage, grocery shopping...etc.  On Sundays, they go to church, then try their hardest to veg out the rest of the day...because Monday looms on the horizon.  Saturdays give folks a way to get stuff done so that they can rest on Sundays.  So, Saturday is not equal to Sunday...Saturday is the day for catching up...and Sunday is for taking it easy.
(03-07-2011, 03:12 PM)Underdog Wrote:
(03-06-2011, 05:30 PM)Petertherock Wrote: I have no problem with a theocracy as long as it's a Catholic theocracy.

I do.  I don't want anyone who listens to Alex Jones, or hates America (because they think it's the trad thing to do), or thinks women shouldn't wear pants, etc. etc. etc. making any laws for me to follow.  That's right...I like Texas the way it is...theocracy-free.

Damn religion.
(03-07-2011, 03:22 PM)Walty Wrote:
(03-07-2011, 03:12 PM)Underdog Wrote:

Damn religion.

I'm with underdog here. Theocracies scare the hell out of me, no matter who's in charge. Even if the religious views of those in power exactly match my own, what about the rights of everyone else? Are you going to throw everyone out of the country who isn't Catholic? Or force them to convert like the Muslims do? I would not want to live in a country like that. America was founded on the principle of freedom -- including religious freedom -- and I like it that way.
You should look into traditional Church teaching on these things.