Sunday really has been a casualty of the American system.
(03-07-2011, 09:50 PM)alaric Wrote:
(03-07-2011, 04:34 PM)Pilgrim Wrote:
(03-05-2011, 10:45 PM)HammerOfHeretics Wrote: I live in Rockland Count, NY the county next to Bergen County, NJ. I say repeal the Blue Laws because it only mean terrible Jersey drivers make there way up my neck of the woods on Sundays, putting all New York drivers at risk.

Kind of like the New York drivers do on Routes 4 and 17 when they visit the malls on Saturday?   :P
I can't tell you how many times I almost got rear-ended or t-boned on 4 and 17 by some Jersey housewife in her SUV yakkiing on the damn phone or teasing her hair.

Jersey drivers are some of the worst.

I hear that my friend.
(03-07-2011, 09:47 PM)alaric Wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Texas one of the fattest states in the Union. ;D

This is an unfortunate truth. Everything is bigger in Texas, especially the pants sizes. As a rule, chicks around here are fatties.
(03-07-2011, 03:12 PM)Underdog Wrote:
(03-06-2011, 05:30 PM)Petertherock Wrote: I have no problem with a theocracy as long as it's a Catholic theocracy.

I do.  I don't want anyone who listens to Alex Jones, or hates America (because they think it's the trad thing to do), or thinks women shouldn't wear pants, etc. etc. etc. making any laws for me to follow.  That's right...I like Texas the way it is...theocracy-free.

:w2go:
(03-05-2011, 07:43 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: I agree with both of the above posts.  time to bring back the Blue Laws.
AMEN!!
(03-08-2011, 12:19 AM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote:
(03-07-2011, 09:47 PM)alaric Wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Texas one of the fattest states in the Union. ;D

This is an unfortunate truth. Everything is bigger in Texas, especially the pants sizes. As a rule, chicks around here are fatties.

Not true...snowmen are not necessarily bigger in Texas.  ;D

Now, as far as pants go...anyone who looks big in pants...is gonna look just as big in a skirt (maybe even bigger).  In fact, it's more the fabric and the particular cut of clothing that makes the most difference. 

Of course, Alaric, since you're throwing stones at overweight Texans...how are we to know you aren't every bit as rotund as you like to make us out to be?  Yer probably a roly poly couch potater.  :pig:
(03-08-2011, 12:14 AM)HammerOfHeretics Wrote:
(03-05-2011, 10:45 PM)HammerOfHeretics Wrote: I live in Rockland Count, NY the county next to Bergen County, NJ. I say repeal the Blue Laws because it only mean terrible Jersey drivers make there way up my neck of the woods on Sundays, putting all New York drivers at risk.

Kind of like the New York drivers do on Routes 4 and 17 when they visit the malls on Saturday?   :P

False LOL...We are the best!!!

I've driven in Manhattan enough to know better...  :P
(03-08-2011, 11:38 AM)Underdog Wrote:
(03-08-2011, 12:19 AM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote:

Not true...snowmen are not necessarily bigger in Texas.   ;D

Now, as far as pants go...anyone who looks big in pants...is gonna look just as big in a skirt (maybe even bigger).  In fact, it's more the fabric and the particular cut of clothing that makes the most difference. 

Of course, Alaric, since you're throwing stones at overweight Texans...how are we to know you aren't every bit as rotund as you like to make us out to be?  Yer probably a roly poly couch potater.   :pig:
Actually far from it, I run and worked out everyday and work construction, I've almost maintained my same weight since high school well over twenty yrs ago.

People in the northeast are generally in better shape partly due ti inclement weather, you constantly fighting off the elements here in the winter and burning calories , shoveling snow and breaking ice will keep you fit and keep your heartrate up.I don't see or know too many extremely obese people where i live mostly because the sedentary lifestyles are not conducive to our culture like it is down south. also I believe our diet is a bit healtheir not gorging on so much fat, something that southerners seem to take pride in...and it shows.

Most fatties reside below the Mason-Dixon;

http://chartsbin.com/view/562

Not throwing stones here UD, just stating the facts.
(03-08-2011, 01:10 PM)Pilgrim Wrote:
(03-08-2011, 12:14 AM)HammerOfHeretics Wrote:

False LOL...We are the best!!!

I've driven in Manhattan enough to know better...   :P
You actually have to be a good driver to get around in the city, it's all them tourists and out of towners that cause all the chaos. ;)
"Not true...snowmen are not necessarily bigger in Texas. 

Of course, Alaric, since you're throwing stones at overweight Texans...how are we to know you aren't every bit as rotund as you like to make us out to be?  Yer probably a roly poly couch potater. "

I could solve the border problem between Texas and Mexico easily:
Agree to let Mexico take it back...but only if they take the Texans with them.

A very fair deal.  :laughing: 
We did have "Christian" laws in this country for years. The only catch is that Catholics were treated like 2nd class citizens because it was protestants who wrote them.

http://www.traditioninaction.org/History...onies.html