Hookah Bar? What is in a Hookah?
I've just been wondering...my guy cousin almost took me to a hookah bar for my 21st bday. However I don't smoke and then another cousin...but my younger girl cousin recently brought up the fact that she enjoys going to a hookah bar near her because she likes to smoke out of the hookah then dance. I'm just interested to know what people's opinions are on hookah bars and whether or not it is okay to smoke from a hookah...I mean what is in a hookah at most hookah bars?
It's tobacco smoke "put through" water.

Some say it's health consequences are negligible, some say they are high.

I've personally done it a few times socially with my friends.  Kinda fun.
Whats in a hookah?  Whatever you put in it.  Be wary of any man who fills your hookah!

No, seriously though hookah is awesome.  If you've got a hookah bar in your area check it out.  You can usually rent it and the tobacco for around 10 bucks.  They have different flavored tobaccos.  Can't go wrong with watermelon.  It is, however, very potent.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(03-06-2011, 09:23 PM)Pomprincess Wrote: I've just been wondering...my guy cousin almost took me to a hookah bar for my 21st bday. However I don't smoke and then another cousin...but my younger girl cousin recently brought up the fact that she enjoys going to a hookah bar near her because she likes to smoke out of the hookah then dance. I'm just interested to know what people's opinions are on hookah bars and whether or not it is okay to smoke from a hookah...I mean what is in a hookah at most hookah bars?

It's typically fruit-flavored tobacco in a hookah, although I imagine people have used a hookah to smoke other things... You might feel a slight buzz for a few minutes from smoking tobacco from a hookah, but nothing that'll prevent you from driving home afterward. The only time I was at a hookah bar my friends and I didn't smoke, but I used to smoke hookah with the people I lived with during my first year of college. It was fun, social, relaxing, and more or less harmless. There have been some other threads here about hookah. Do a search for "hookah" or "hooka" and see what others have said.
Its harmless, if you do it occasionally. I have been to several down in NYC. Most of them are Arabic-looking or run by Arabs because it is an Arabian thing.
I love the hookah bar.  It's a good, cheap time.  The best is when you find one that serves alcohol as well, if you're of age.
(03-06-2011, 09:48 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: It's tobacco smoke "put through" water.

Here in Edmonton because of strict anti-smoking laws (which apply only to tobacco) it's a non-'drug' herbal mixture.
Tobacco usually fruit flavoring and molasses. Hookah is cool i have one at home I'll probably fire up tonight.
You're all wrong! 

"What is in a Hookah?" 

Walrus, of course! 

Hook Hookah Choo! 

:-[
Sorry, couldn't resist.