Make this man Pope, now!!!
Groovy
(03-18-2011, 12:48 AM)Walty Wrote: If Burke became pope, not only would he be the first American, but he would be a fellow Wisconsinite.  I've meditated on that thought a lot recently.  Imagine if, by the grace of God, he was the great reformer pope.  It kind of blows my mind.

Not only that, but the first approved US apparition was you guessed it, Wisconsin!! No coincidences!!!
Keep praying for him! :pray:
/sarcasm/A Cheesehead Pope? I'd have to rethink the whole sede question! :laughing:/sarcasm off/
While His Eminence would make a great pope, we can't actually make him pope now.  There's another man in those shoes. :)
(03-21-2011, 03:52 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: While His Eminence would make a great pope, we can't actually make him pope now.  There's another man in those shoes. :)

Yes, I had thought of that. ???
What is it that makes him different from the Pope?  The Pope acted somewhat Traditional when he was a Cardinal as well.  Since he's become Pope he's tried to split the difference, so to speak.  What makes you so sure that this man wouldn't do the same?
(03-21-2011, 03:52 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: While His Eminence would make a great pope, we can't actually make him pope now.  There's another man in those shoes. :)

Eh, the supporters of Gregory VI and Boniface VIII found ways of getting around that little detail  ;)
:laughing:
Cardinal Burke as Pope would be nice.
(03-21-2011, 04:04 PM)dymphna17 Wrote: What is it that makes him different from the Pope?  The Pope acted somewhat Traditional when he was a Cardinal as well.  Since he's become Pope he's tried to split the difference, so to speak.  What makes you so sure that this man wouldn't do the same?

Well... he trots around the globe saying the pontifical Mass. That is a good sign.

I remember that when Pope Benedict XVI was elected, some pundits on TV were saying this would be a transitional pope, to a new shiny more liberal Church. I think they were right on the first count, only they were wrong about where the Church is transitioning to.