Make this man Pope, now!!!
Cardinal Burke is very devoted to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. When he was archbishop, he had pamphlets put in the back of his churches promoting home enthronement to the Sacred Heart. If that's not good enough, all my liberal friends hate him.

[Image: enthrone_abpburke.jpg]
I hope and pray he becomes the next Pope and I have a feeling he will be.. just a feeling, a woman's intuition if you will. But I really do feel this.
(03-18-2011, 12:42 AM)triadi Wrote: He not only wears it, he drives it... wow.   :)  Applause!

:laughing:

And I agree, Walty, Cardinal Burke is awesome.  SCG, I hope you're right.
Kinda off topic - but the Cardinal's foundation that put together the awsome Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe together in LaCrosse WI is now planning an to expand by building the Fr John Hardon SJ Marian Catechist Apostolate Center and Retreat house. And the drawings of the plan are very impressive

Like the Shrine itself, it will take years and a lot of cash to complete...but you have to hand it to the Cardinal - the guy has vision.

(the Shrine's 930am Holy Mass on Sundays is a TLM)
(03-21-2011, 06:29 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: I hope and pray he becomes the next Pope and I have a feeling he will be.. just a feeling, a woman's intuition if you will. But I really do feel this.

Stop the presses!  Please inform God the next Pope has been chosen!  :laughing:

I jest, though I wouldn't mind if you were right.  :)

Just think how the work of the Holy Spirit would show in the world if an American were placed on the throne of Peter.  I'm sure y'all have heard the whole "an American will never be pope" thing...well, in a world where God is in control who knows.  :)
(03-23-2011, 08:37 AM)3Sanctus Wrote:
(03-21-2011, 06:29 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: I hope and pray he becomes the next Pope and I have a feeling he will be.. just a feeling, a woman's intuition if you will. But I really do feel this.

Stop the presses!  Please inform God the next Pope has been chosen!   :laughing:

I jest, though I wouldn't mind if you were right.   :) 

I'm saving this page for the future.. for a possible "I told you so" moment..  :laughing:  Of course I love Pope Benedict and hope he lives to be 100. He might outlive me!
(03-23-2011, 02:28 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote:
(03-23-2011, 08:37 AM)3Sanctus Wrote:

Stop the presses!  Please inform God the next Pope has been chosen!   :laughing:

I jest, though I wouldn't mind if you were right.   :) 

I'm saving this page for the future.. for a possible "I told you so" moment..  :laughing:  Of course I love Pope Benedict and hope he lives to be 100. He might outlive me!

My male intuition is telling me the Holy Father won't outlive you.
The Church needs a pope who conducts himself as if he believes the teachings of the Church, not one who just looks like a Catholic to the modern world.
(03-23-2011, 04:36 PM)INPEFESS Wrote: The Church needs a pope who conducts himself as if he believes the teachings of the Church, not one who just looks like a Catholic to the modern world.

A most sensible approach to this topic, INPEFESS. I pray that the next Pope calls for Vatican III, abolishes the Novus Ordo, and will put a stop to JPII's idiotic 'Springtime in the Church' and all his other 'innovations'.
(03-24-2011, 07:44 PM)vakarian Wrote:
(03-23-2011, 04:36 PM)INPEFESS Wrote: The Church needs a pope who conducts himself as if he believes the teachings of the Church, not one who just looks like a Catholic to the modern world.

A most sensible approach to this topic, INPEFESS. I pray that the next Pope calls for Vatican III, abolishes the Novus Ordo, and will put a stop to JPII's idiotic 'Springtime in the Church' and all his other 'innovations'.

Oh! but the springtime provides the perfect conditions for the growth of many a beautiful flower!

[Image: john_paul_ii_quran.jpg]

EDITED
what is the 2nd picture exactly?

I'm not sure that Vatican III would make things better. In Malachi Martin's The Keys of This Blood, he has the Pope cleaning house, abolishing RCIA and stuff like that in the presence of the assembled cardinals