Make this man Pope, now!!!
(03-24-2011, 09:34 PM)Vivace Wrote:
(03-24-2011, 09:30 PM)INPEFESS Wrote:
(03-24-2011, 09:27 PM)Vivace Wrote: I cringe whenever I see those vestments...

But they're so fresh and new!

Indeed...

[Image: ugly.jpg]

Who is that?
(03-24-2011, 10:17 PM)INPEFESS Wrote: Who is that?

God's Rottweiler, who else?

Here is another picture:

[Image: pope_style_04.jpg]
(03-24-2011, 08:55 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: That second picture is the pope kissing the ground, like when he got off the plane. He did it when he came to America. I don't see anything wrong with it.

Yes, I see what you're saying, Lisa.

Still, the pictures are not complementary to each other, though I must admit that without an explanation that is how it appears. I apologize for that reckless lack of specificity.

Each picture was meant to represent the new springtime: the first to represent its efforts to appease all peoples, faiths, and creeds; the second to represent its focus on man through seeking publicity and attention (see the later pictures, for example).  

But I must confess that I cannot presume to judge his intentions as it concerns kissing the ground for the world. More specifically, I can't presume to know that he was doing it to attract public attention. Though that is how it appears, it was imprudent to assume this intention to make my point. I apologize and will remove it.

I also request that any other poster who copied the image remove it as well, an added accompanying explanation or interpretation not withstanding.
(03-24-2011, 10:20 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:

How could I not have known?
(03-24-2011, 10:27 PM)INPEFESS Wrote:
(03-24-2011, 08:55 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: That second picture is the pope kissing the ground, like when he got off the plane. He did it when he came to America. I don't see anything wrong with it.

Still, the pictures are not complementary, though I must admit that without an explanation that is how it appears. I apologize for that reckless lack of specificity.

Each picture was meant to represent the new springtime: the first to represent its efforts to appease all peoples; the second to represent its focus on man through seeking after public attention (see the later pictures, for example).  

But I must confess that I cannot presume to judge his intentions as it concerns kissing the ground. More specifically, I can't presume to know that he was doing it to attract public attention. Though that is how it appears, it was imprudent to assume this intention to make my point. I apologize and will remove it.

I also request that any other poster who copied the image remove it as well, an added accompanying explanation or interpretation not withstanding.

That's kind of you, INP. I know you're not trying to impress me but I'm impressed all the same. You've set a good example. God bless you.

How could I not have known?

You were distracted. Beware, brother, for the devil is ever watchful.

Ephesians 5:6-11 Wrote:"Let no man deceive you with vain words. For because of these things cometh the anger of God upon the children of unbelief. Be ye not therefore partakers with them. For you were heretofore darkness, but now light in the Lord. Walk then as children of the light. For the fruit of the light is in all goodness, and justice, and truth; Proving what is well pleasing to God: And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them."

Victim of Marini. The other Marini.
(03-24-2011, 10:22 PM)Vivace Wrote: [Image: pope_style_04.jpg]

See the culprit, Msgr. Piero Marini, behind him to the right.

Judging by the URL, that picture comes from the Time Magazine website, specifically, from a photo essay on the pope's style. Embarrassing.  :-[
(03-24-2011, 11:00 PM)m.PR Wrote:

Victim of Marini. The other Marini.

Ah, yes, the ever powerless pope.
(03-24-2011, 10:35 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote:

Still, the pictures are not complementary, though I must admit that without an explanation that is how it appears. I apologize for that reckless lack of specificity.

Each picture was meant to represent the new springtime: the first to represent its efforts to appease all peoples; the second to represent its focus on man through seeking after public attention (see the later pictures, for example).  

But I must confess that I cannot presume to judge his intentions as it concerns kissing the ground. More specifically, I can't presume to know that he was doing it to attract public attention. Though that is how it appears, it was imprudent to assume this intention to make my point. I apologize and will remove it.

That's kind of you, INP. I know you're not trying to impress me but I'm impressed all the same. You've set a good example. God bless you.

You're welcome, Lisa. May God bless you, too.