Marketing the Holocaust
(03-19-2011, 07:26 PM)Revixit Wrote: ... 'there's no business like Shoa business'...

:laughing:
(03-19-2011, 08:12 PM)Underdog Wrote:
(03-19-2011, 07:26 PM)Revixit Wrote: ... 'there's no business like Shoa business'...

:laughing:

That's a quote from Abba Eban, according to Norman Finkelstein. 

I had always thought Finkelstein came up with that quip himself.  It's really depressing that it's from Eban, though it shows he admitted it was a business, and I don't know that Eban himself used the Shoa as others have.  I like Finkelstein's mother's question, too -- if all the people claiming to be holocaust survivors really are survivors, who did Hitler kill? 

(03-19-2011, 07:15 PM)Hawaii Five-0 Wrote: Edward Bernays' ideas and teachings in action.  We should all read his book "Propaganda", It's a real eye opener.

I"ve not read his, some guy had a very good 4 or 5 hour BBC presentation telling the entire Bernay's story. Might want to do a search for it.

The best book I've ever read on Propaganda was by Jacques Ellul. Translated from French in 1964, I believe. A. Knopf and Co., NY.
(03-20-2011, 04:16 PM)Adam Wayne Wrote:
(03-19-2011, 07:15 PM)Hawaii Five-0 Wrote: Edward Bernays' ideas and teachings in action.  We should all read his book "Propaganda", It's a real eye opener.

I"ve not read his, some guy had a very good 4 or 5 hour BBC presentation telling the entire Bernay's story. Might want to do a search for it.

The best book I've ever read on Propaganda was by Jacques Ellul. Translated from French in 1964, I believe. A. Knopf and Co., NY.

On topic/off topic:

If you want to see the modern manifestation of neoconservative propaganda, watch The Tillman Story. Very important documentary. Even if you are sagacious enough to know that we have a controlled media, this is one of those viewing events where you will be a changed person after you have watched it.

http://www.tillmanstory.com/
(03-19-2011, 07:12 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(03-19-2011, 06:06 PM)Robert De Brus Wrote: Speaking of that, someone on another forum I read posted about the growth of this term.

I hate that term.

I never use it. I refer to our Greco-Roman Catholic Culture.