Religion to become extinct in nine countries?
(03-22-2011, 04:34 PM)alaric Wrote: The gates of hell (Or ubermenschen) will not prevail.

There's my new sig!!
(03-23-2011, 12:45 AM)Donna Wrote:
(03-22-2011, 04:34 PM)alaric Wrote: The gates of hell (Or ubermenschen) will not prevail.

There's my new sig!!

The gates of ubermenchen will not prevail!

Nor of munchkinland!

Victims of the glitch

Glitch...of the victims

Of...glitch...victim

:grandma: :tweety: :grandpa:
Well to me it demonstrates that Protestantism ends up in Atheism or Universalism... which is certainly what we're seeing with the United Church of Canada
There's no point in believing in a universalistic religion, one may as well be non-religious than choose "universalism."  There'd be no true religion; nor any real point.
I don't think that religion is in any danger of becoming extinct in New Zealand in the near future. I've seen weekday Masses that are quite well attended here in Wellington, and the SSPX chapel has a good regular congregation.

There are also a large number of Muslims in NZ, with quite a few mosques scattered throughout the country. There are at least five Hindu temples in Auckland, and two in Wellington (not counting Hare Krishna temples or Sai temples). So I don't think that religion is in danger of extinction here. Yes, there are a lot of people who don't follow any religion, but there are also a lot of religious people.
(03-23-2011, 01:10 AM)Bakuryokuso Wrote: Well to me it demonstrates that Protestantism ends up in Atheism or Universalism... which is certainly what we're seeing with the United Church of Canada

That is what Alister McGrath argues in The Twilight of Atheism: The Rise and Fall of Disbelief in the Modern World.
(03-22-2011, 07:18 PM)DrBombay Wrote: Maybe if we'd stop bombing their countries we wouldn't have to fear the Muzzies so much.  Just a thought. :tiphat:

Maybe you should read some history. Churchill's 'The River War: An Historical Account of the Reconquest of the Soudan' (1899) and Belloc's 'Survivals and New Arrivals: The Old and New Enemies of the Catholic Church' (1929), might be a good place to start. Just a thought.  :tiphat: