Who are "the Fathers" at Traditio?
I know we're not supposed to discuss sedevacantism, but I was just wondering if anyone knew who the Fathers are at Traditio. I can't find their information anywhere and it'd be nice to know who they are...

Thanks.
One, the original, is Fr. Morrison.  I dunno if the others have ever been revealed.
M.E. (Mike) Morrison. He rents out a chapel here at fisherman's wharf. If he is a priest and was validly ordained, it was by an old catholic (sic) bishop at the local ebenezer lutheran church.

Source: http://sspx.agenda.tripod.com/id72.html
I used to enjoy reading his commentary, and zings about "novus ordo non-sense" but after a while I started to notice the man was often wrong about his predictions and understanding of things in the church and the liturgy.
Here's my experience with the original "Fr. Moderator"

He sure does know an awful lot about pre-conciliar Catholic traditions and ceremonies. 

He gave excellent pastoral advice on catechetics in private e-mails.

He was spot on in describing traditional priestly formation. 

He was never sedevacantist.

Around 2005 towards the end of JPII and the beginning of B16, the tone of the site changed. 

You couldn't get through a column with out feeling like it was written in Pig-Latin with all the "New" and "Mess" added to every article about a Liturgy or the post-conciliar Church. 

The hyperbole just seemed to get to be too much.  It was like reading Glenn Beck. long before Glenn Beck. 

It's a shame it went so "over the top" because it was a really great and useful site at one time.  Go back and read the archives from prior to 2004 and you can see the difference between then and now.
(03-23-2011, 08:58 AM)damooster Wrote: I know we're not supposed to discuss sedevacantism, but I was just wondering if anyone knew who the Fathers are at Traditio.

According to FAQ #10 in their Library of Files under the "Sede-vacantism" entry (scroll down...it's in alphabetical order):

Quote:The TRADITIO Network doesn't hold to the sede-vacantist position
because we do not think that Church history and Catholic theology require
that conclusion under the present circumstances.  "De Romano Pontifice" of
St. Robert Bellarmine, a Doctor of the Church, and other authoritative works
on the theology of the papacy give us adequate room to deal with the present
situation, and ecclesiastical history provides a number of analogies for
handling the present situation, which is not that unique in the history of
the Church.

Source: http://traditio.com/tradlib/faq10.txt

Last revision was 12/01/10...  :shrug:

(03-23-2011, 12:55 PM)Gerard Wrote: Here's my experience with the original "Fr. Moderator"

He sure does know an awful lot about pre-conciliar Catholic traditions and ceremonies. 

Around 2005 towards the end of JPII and the beginning of B16, the tone of the site changed. 

You couldn't get through a column with out feeling like it was written in Pig-Latin with all the "New" and "Mess" added to every article about a Liturgy or the post-conciliar Church. 

The hyperbole just seemed to get to be too much.  It was like reading Glenn Beck. long before Glenn Beck. 

It's a shame it went so "over the top" because it was a really great and useful site at one time.  Go back and read the archives from prior to 2004 and you can see the difference between then and now.

There is a lot of good information about the Catholic Faith in the Archives but you're absolutely correct about the new commentaries on the site having been way over the top for years now.  He -- I think it's "he" and not "they" who write the site -- constantly refers to the Pope as "Ratzinger" and attacks the SSPX for "selling out" though they never came to any agreement with the Vatican as far as I know.  Even the list of TLM locations is full of his animosity to the SSPX.  All of their Mass locations are marked with a grimacing red emoticon.  I think only independent Masses get a smiley face but I may be wrong since when I look at it, I look to see if there's a new TLM within 200 miles of me and there are no SSPV, ICK, or others within 200 miles.  The FSSP get the red grimace, too.  

(03-23-2011, 12:55 PM)Gerard Wrote: Here's my experience with the original "Fr. Moderator"

He was over the top when he was still running an e-mail list in the nineties, and in certain cases what you're saying is true when you praise him.

I found he knew almost nothing about Sacred Music or the root causes of the problem with the Liturgy in the  Romanticism of the various nationalist heresies like Jansenism, Josephism and Romanticism.
Does he have an opinion about the Dimond brothers?
The Traditio Moderators supported St. Stanislaus Kostka parish in St. Louis. The St. Stanislaus Kostka board members were excommunicated by Archbishop Burke and support women's ordination and gay marriage. But for Traditio, Archbishop Burke was the evildoer and the priest who performs gay marriages in the church was a hero.
So much for Traditio.