Who are "the Fathers" at Traditio?
Just inquire about the validity of his "Orders."  The guy is a charlatan. Anyone can sit around and read books and spit back quotes. Would you go to a doctor who wouldn't provide proof of medical training if  you requested it?
(03-23-2011, 04:59 PM)Freudentaumel Wrote: The Traditio Moderators supported St. Stanislaus Kostka parish in St. Louis. The St. Stanislaus Kostka board members were excommunicated by Archbishop Burke and support women's ordination and gay marriage. But for Traditio, Archbishop Burke was the evildoer and the priest who performs gay marriages in the church was a hero.
So much for Traditio.

That's the church that the archbishop tried to take away from the parishioners, correct?  I think perhaps he wanted to close the parish, tear down the church and sell the property.  If I recall correctly, the parishioners fought him, saying that their ancestors had built that church and he couldn't take it from them, and they had the legal rights to the church.  Then, independent of the diocese, they hired a Polish priest, who was said to be wonderful.  I thought he was saying Mass in Polish but perhaps he said the TLM, too.

I certainly had not heard that this priest performs gay "marriages" in the church but I think I did hear that there was a women's "ordination" there, and wondered why a "wonderful priest" would be allowing that.  So much for Traditio indeed.

Ask any priest about his ordination -- you will always get a glowing account of everything on that special day.    And he will  probably keep you spellbound about his seminary days. 

"Fr." M?  Many of us have had the experience of being rebuffed, kicked out (from his old mail list) or just ignored.  Nevertheless, I know two diehard supporters who will swear they know the "secrret" of his ordination which if revealed would lead to something somewhat "disastrous." 
(03-23-2011, 09:13 PM)Vincentius Wrote: Ask any priest about his ordination -- you will always get a glowing account of everything on that special day.    And he will  probably keep you spellbound about his seminary days. 

"Fr." M?  Many of us have had the experience of being rebuffed, kicked out (from his old mail list) or just ignored.  Nevertheless, I know two diehard supporters who will swear they know the "secrret" of his ordination which if revealed would lead to something somewhat "disastrous." 

Indeed. Probably the collapse of his Potemkin village! :laughing:
(03-23-2011, 07:54 PM)Revixit Wrote: That's the church that the archbishop tried to take away from the parishioners, correct?  I think perhaps he wanted to close the parish, tear down the church and sell the property.  If I recall correctly, the parishioners fought him, saying that their ancestors had built that church and he couldn't take it from them, and they had the legal rights to the church.  Then, independent of the diocese, they hired a Polish priest, who was said to be wonderful.  I thought he was saying Mass in Polish but perhaps he said the TLM, too.
I don't know whether you are being ironic, but that's the story that was told by Traditio, yes.
What they didn't tell (although it was public knowledge back then), was that the archdiocese never disputed that the church does not belong to the Archdiocese and cannot be sold by it. The Archdiocese merely attempted to switch the membership of the board of the corporation controlling the church back to the way it had been before the parish had unilaterally changed the membership to exclude any influence by the bishop. The wikipedia article sums it up.
I have to take back the gay marriage statement though. Fr. Bozek is on record for supporting ordination of married men, women and gays and I had mixed that up. Fr. Bozek (Traditio's hero) also joined "Married Priests Now!", the Moonie-controlled group of Milingo.
Traditio is up there with the Drudge Report as one of the worst designed websites on the entire Internet.
(03-24-2011, 04:25 AM)Resurrexi Wrote: Traditio is up there with the Drudge Report as one of the worst designed websites on the entire Internet.

In its defense, it's one of the oldest sites still around and the guy is a priest(s) not a programmer.  It's also probably the oldest trad site with AQ and FE close seconds, and as you can tell the FE main website is looking dated (but we're working on it!).

Drudge is genius.  Like 2 ads, descriptive links, etc.  Ugly, yes, but designed well to get just the info you want easily (except for the auto-refresh which is annoying).

I despise sites that are graphics heavy without reason.  MSN is a disaster, for example.
(03-23-2011, 07:37 PM)OldMan Wrote: Anyone can sit around and read books and spit back quotes.

Exactly.

They had that expert turkey at wikipedia running the Catholic section and it turned out he was reading out of Catholicism for Dummies and faked having a theological degree; I think it turned out he wasn't even Catholic.

Speaking of wikipedia, I wish people here would help out on the "Traditionalist Catholic" page.  Vox and I gave up long ago. In fact, Vox was one of the original writers of the page before the Modernists and Neo-Caths commandeered it with the help of some Anglican administrator named "jzg" and then blacklisted Fish Eaters.

The Neo-Caths that run the page wanted to link to Traditio to "show everyone what a bunch of nuts trads are".  They purposefully run the page to try to paint us in the worst possible light.  I haven't looked at it lately, to be honest, but for a long time it was just anti-trad rhetoric and distortion.
People knock Drudge, but really, it gives me the news of the day in less than one minute.  And mostly meaningful news.  Not "Kate and Jon split!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
(03-24-2011, 02:43 AM)Freudentaumel Wrote:
(03-23-2011, 07:54 PM)Revixit Wrote: That's the church that the archbishop tried to take away from the parishioners, correct?  I think perhaps he wanted to close the parish, tear down the church and sell the property.  If I recall correctly, the parishioners fought him, saying that their ancestors had built that church and he couldn't take it from them, and they had the legal rights to the church.  Then, independent of the diocese, they hired a Polish priest, who was said to be wonderful.  I thought he was saying Mass in Polish but perhaps he said the TLM, too.
I don't know whether you are being ironic, but that's the story that was told by Traditio, yes.
What they didn't tell (although it was public knowledge back then), was that the archdiocese never disputed that the church does not belong to the Archdiocese and cannot be sold by it. The Archdiocese merely attempted to switch the membership of the board of the corporation controlling the church back to the way it had been before the parish had unilaterally changed the membership to exclude any influence by the bishop. The wikipedia article sums it up.
I have to take back the gay marriage statement though. Fr. Bozek is on record for supporting ordination of married men, women and gays and I had mixed that up. Fr. Bozek (Traditio's hero) also joined "Married Priests Now!", the Moonie-controlled group of Milingo.

I wasn't being ironic, merely trying to piece together my vague memories of news reports.  It's been so long since I've read about it that I am not sure whether I had read anything about that situation at Traditio or not.  It sounds as if the priest is not as trad as advertised.

I did go to the Traditio site last night and read a disturbing story about a traditional Benedictine abbey being taken over by two monks immediately after the founder and abbot died in January.  I'm going to start a thread about it.