Man Sentenced to Ten Years of Prison for an Abortion
The original article is not the same as your blog post or this form post.

Yes, news reporting groups use headlines designed to get attention. That is nothing new. It has shown itself to be an effective way to get people's attention for things which may be less interesting. It does not sustain interest however.
(03-23-2011, 05:09 PM)Rosarium Wrote: The original article is not the same as your blog post or this form post.

Yes, news reporting groups use headlines designed to get attention. That is nothing new. It has shown itself to be an effective way to get people's attention for things which may be less interesting. It does not sustain interest however.

That's not what's going on here, actually, and saying it over and over again will never change facts.
(03-23-2011, 05:11 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote:
(03-23-2011, 05:09 PM)Rosarium Wrote: The original article is not the same as your blog post or this form post.

That's not what's going on here, actually, and saying it over and over again will never change facts.
And this changes facts?
Quote: I just anticipated that some dork, geek, doofus, half-wit or other would want to waste time talking about THAT rather than the story itself, and I also wanted to make sure that possibly mentally challenged readers wouldn't get lost on the way.
You knew what the reaction would be, and yet you used the title. It is your fault. You knew what would happen by using that title, knew you would react to such corrects, and you used it anyway.

This is a discussion forum. We are discussing the topic created, which has a misleading title, an abrasive original poster, and is rather boring.

Yes, it is usually against the law to knowingly endanger the life of another person and most laws in most countries will prosecute such offenses.  That is not international news. It is an attempt to get attention beyond what they could expect for facts for whoever published the story.
(03-23-2011, 04:58 PM)Lydia Grace Wrote: Show some charity, guys!

First of all, this story is copied from a blog called "The Eponymous Flower" and, unless Augustine Baker goes by TANCRED and posted that story, it's not his fault that the subject is wrong. 

It IS his blog.  He is the one not showing charity by refusing to give a civil answer to a civil question.

(03-23-2011, 04:45 PM)Freudentaumel Wrote:
(03-23-2011, 02:49 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: If you read the article, my explanation, you'd know that abortion is legal in Germany,
Actually, abortion is illegal in Germany, even if many people (including Germans) don't know this.
The German Constitutional Court has decided (in a "reverse" Roe vs. Wade ruling), that legal abortion is unconstitutional. Unfortunately, after that ruling, German politicians have invented a system of "crime without punishment", meaning that abortion is still illegal, but (under certain circumstances) not persecuted. In this case the abortion would have been punishable, because the conditions of non-persecution were not existing. However the court obviously decided to go for an attempted murder ruling.

Thank you for giving us facts pertaining to this case.  I was not aware that abortion had been made illegal again anywhere in Europe and that is wonderful news about the German Constitutional Court ruling.  Of course it would be better if German politicians were not helping people avoid being punished for performing abortions.  I suppose the
pro-abortion view is still in force with many Germans and the court decided there would be public sympathy for the doctor, and politicians speaking out for him, if they had charged him with the abortion as well as the attempted murder. 

It's hard to understand why anyone would feel sorry for this man since he nearly killed his mistress as well as the baby, but the thinking of people who are pro-abortion is hard to understand.  Many of them seem to think that aborting a baby is always better than giving birth to a baby.  I think that American politicians will probably act in the same way that German politicians have if the U.S.  Supreme Court ever overturns Roe v. Wade.  Planned Parenthood and other pro-abortion groups/ abortion providers won't give up easily and they contribute heavily to politicians, in order to be sure they keep getting tax dollars to help support themselves.  It's a form of insanity.