Father Corapi: Am I the only one?
Am I the only person here who is willing to entertain the possibility that Fr. Corapi may be guilty of what he was accused of?

Don't get me wrong: I believe in innocent until proven guilty and I want Fr. Corapi to have a legit chance to defend himself. But it just strikes me as odd that his superiors would receive a letter and immediately take away his faculties. I want to believe that some kind of preliminary investigation was conducted to determine the possibility of truth in the charges, and they took away his faculties based on that preliminary investigation until they could clear, or charge, him. At the very minimum I'm sure they interviewed this woman and any other that was involved. People like this don't just come forward with accusations. Something tells me she had some kind of proof.

Again, let me reiterate that I believe in innocent until proven guilty. It just seems like everyone here has already determined that the woman is lying.
Since he is a Novus Ordo priest, I couldn't care less.
No.
I like Quis' advice:

QuisUtDeus Wrote:Unless one knows Fr. Corapi or the woman in question personally, it's a bad idea to take a side in the sense of vouching for someone to the point of getting in a war with the other side. ... My advice as last time: stay out of it as much as possible except to contact the Ordinary and pray for those involved.  If you find yourself vehemently defending or attacking without concrete evidence in front of you, especially those on the "other side", I suggest you're taking the wrong approach.

http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...sg33433271
(03-24-2011, 12:28 PM)damooster Wrote: Am I the only person here who is willing to entertain the possibility that Fr. Corapi may be guilty of what he was accused of?

Don't get me wrong: I believe in innocent until proven guilty and I want Fr. Corapi to have a legit chance to defend himself. But it just strikes me as odd that his superiors would receive a letter and immediately take away his faculties. I want to believe that some kind of preliminary investigation was conducted to determine the possibility of truth in the charges, and they took away his faculties based on that preliminary investigation until they could clear, or charge, him. At the very minimum I'm sure they interviewed this woman and any other that was involved. People like this don't just come forward with accusations. Something tells me she had some kind of proof.

Again, let me reiterate that I believe in innocent until proven guilty. It just seems like everyone here has already determined that the woman is lying.

I am entertaining that possibility.  How can any of us pretend to know for sure what the truth is here?  That being said, I do highly doubt it.  Father isn't a traditionalist, but he does fight hard against the most liberal of the clerics in the Church.  For this reason alone, it is obvious that Satan and the world would be working hard at silencing him.  We have no reason to doubt his honesty and he has maintained his total innocence, unlike Fr. Euteneuer, who, God bless him, owned up to his failings.

I have my doubts but am also not going to swear by his innocence.
Atleast its a woman and not a young boy.

Fr. Corapi is becoming another victom of compulsory celibacy if true.
What if any of you were accused of being nasty womanizers and adulterers, I would deny it and say you weren't, even if you were, unbeknownst to me, a womanizing adulterer.

I don't think you'd like it very much either, especially if you had the stones to be a public figure like Father Corapi, if people speculated openly in groups, circles, gatherings and so forth about whether you had really been sexually active.

One thing I know, "a woman scorned..."  

Other than that, I don't think we should be speculating and gossiping about it in the absence of factual evidence especially.
(03-24-2011, 01:02 PM)dustman Wrote: Atleast its a woman and not a young boy.

I think you might be confused.  If the allegations are true, none of this would have happened if he had remained celibate.  So celibacy would be the victim.

Always here to help.
(03-24-2011, 01:02 PM)dustman Wrote: Atleast its a woman and not a young boy.

So you believe in prostitution as a legitimate activity?
(03-24-2011, 12:28 PM)damooster Wrote: Am I the only person here who is willing to entertain the possibility that Fr. Corapi may be guilty of what he was accused of?
Well, at least you know who Fr. Corapi is.

Yes, I gather from the other thread's title that he is on EWTN or whatever... but having never subscribed to "pay TV" (and being TV-free for a few years now) I don't know diddley about him.   :shrug: