Father Corapi: Am I the only one?
(06-30-2011, 02:52 PM)JoniCath Wrote:
(06-29-2011, 07:54 AM)Gerard Wrote:
(06-28-2011, 02:45 PM)voxpopulisuxx Wrote: Mercy? How about following our Catholicus sensus? You guys are all acting like a bunch of condescending hypocrites. By what standard are you judgeing Black dog tradional or worthy of praise? False judgement is false judgment

Following my sensus Catholicus, I actually spent the time and money to go see him speak.  He was completely orthodox in his teaching.  As I said earlier, he sounded like Bishop Williamson on more than one occasion to the point where I suspected he was listening to the interviews of the Bishop.  He also openly admits that he is most influenced by Bishop Sheen and repeats and gives due credit to Sheen for some of his lectures, just as SSPX priests do. (Fr. J.Pfeiffer, Fr. J. Grun, Fr. Robinson)

A question.......is the fact that he reminded you of Bishop Williamson supposed to be a plus For Father Corapi?  Isn't Bishop Williamson the one who claimed that there "was no holocaust"? His claim rather puts a damper on the trials at Nuremberg doesn't it.

http://www.eyewitnesstohistory.com/Nuremberg.htm

And then, of course, there were the trials of the Jewish "doctors"..............25 of them, EACH charged with 4000 COUNTS OF
Conspiracy to commit war crimes and crimes against humanity as described in counts 2 and 3;
War crimes: performing medical experiments, without the subjects' consent, on prisoners of war and civilians of occupied countries, in the course of which experiments [b]the defendants committed murders, brutalities, cruelties, tortures, atrocities, and other inhuman acts. Also planning and performing the mass murder of prisoners of war and civilians of occupied countries, stigmatized as aged, insane, incurably ill, deformed, and so on, by gas, lethal injections, and diverse other means in nursing homes, hospitals, and asylums during the Euthanasia Program and participating in the mass murder of concentration camp inmates. (However, to their credit.........they did discover than human skin made good lamp shades :mad:

[/b] And then, of course, there are the pictures my uncle took as they (the 45th armored division) freed the prisoners at Dachau.

I was just a toddler when he came home from the war & wasn't allowed to see his pictures until he died at the age of 42 as a result of the many wounds he'd suffered in the war.........both physical wounds & mental ones.  But this might give you an idea:

On April 29, 1945, American forces liberated Dachau. As they neared the camp, they found more than [b]30 railroad cars filled with bodies brought to Dachau, all in an advanced state of decomposition[/b]

I really have no knowledge of the guilt or innocence of Father Corapi, but the fact that you compare him to Bishop Williamson, does his no good in my eyes.
Damn Lie, never hppened
no more then the Jews deny the Ukrainian holocaust
I was very glad to see SOLT's letter today. It confirmed my every "feeling."
Elizabeth
(07-06-2011, 03:09 AM)OrthodoxMom Wrote: I was very glad to see SOLT's letter today. It confirmed my every "feeling."
Elizabeth

It confirmed mine too but I wouldn't say I was glad about it. More sad than anything, especially to hear that there were sacramental abuses. I'm still trying to figure that one out.
(07-06-2011, 07:02 AM)damooster Wrote:
(07-06-2011, 03:09 AM)OrthodoxMom Wrote: I was very glad to see SOLT's letter today. It confirmed my every "feeling."
Elizabeth

It confirmed mine too but I wouldn't say I was glad about it. More sad than anything, especially to hear that there were sacramental abuses. I'm still trying to figure that one out.

I've seen some incredible railroad jobs in politics, and Church politics are even more vicious.  The women and toys are not as significant to me as whether or not there was a pattern of deception (e.g., did preaching actually become a lucrative business model?)

The fact is that if these allegations are true, that is a serious blow to the credibility of Father's stand against the juridical process.  Perhaps SSPX came out with that posting because they knew that there was significant impropriety, and that Father was not so much fighting abject corruption or a theological battle like Archbishop LeFebvre, but was guilty.

As is clear from my posts on this topic, I have given a robust defense of Father.  With some time to reflect, I am less sure of his contention.  Still, I am not going to convict him and see a response from him as impetative.  If these are false charges, then the Black Dog site should have a statement today.

The one red flag I saw, and chalked up to just the rapid evolution and disorientation resulting from the wholesale abandonment by the NeoCatholic writers, was his threat to play tapes of his employee.  That is not good and at the very least is Jerry Springer type antics; it also could be a classic character assassination tactic.

There are still unanswered questions in my view.
Again, it's not like a priest hasn't been teed up before.  Father Corapi decided to fight back.

Again, if Solt doesn't have their accusations well-founded, they're going to be paying substantial amounts in damages.

Imagine if Father Corapi had had a boyfriend and paid him 350k in hush money, the AmChurch establishment would probably make him a Bishop and create a bronze statue while the Corpus Christy Men's Singers sing a new song by Marty Haugen.
(03-24-2011, 01:05 PM)Gerard Wrote:
(03-24-2011, 01:02 PM)dustman Wrote: Atleast its a woman and not a young boy.

Fr. Corapi is becoming another victom of compulsory celibacy if true.

So you believe in prostitution as a legitimate activity?

That's a stupid question....but what have we come to expect?
(07-06-2011, 10:06 AM)Scipio_a Wrote:
(03-24-2011, 01:05 PM)Gerard Wrote:
(03-24-2011, 01:02 PM)dustman Wrote: Atleast its a woman and not a young boy.

Fr. Corapi is becoming another victom of compulsory celibacy if true.

So you believe in prostitution as a legitimate activity?

That's a stupid question....but what have we come to expect?

Vanity most of the time.
After being "attacked" (here) for sharing my "gut feeling" about him giving me the creeps, the announcement confirmed what I felt but couldn't necessarily articulate. I am not, and never will be, happy that a priest has fallen or shamed our Church. I am, however, happy that my feelings and instincts were confirmed, and gives credence to the fact that one must always pay attention to that gentle whisper...
Nothing has been confirmed. One side has said their piece
hardly a confirmation
(07-06-2011, 08:20 PM)OrthodoxMom Wrote: After being "attacked" (here) for sharing my "gut feeling" about him giving me the creeps, the announcement confirmed what I felt but couldn't necessarily articulate. I am not, and never will be, happy that a priest has fallen or shamed our Church. I am, however, happy that my feelings and instincts were confirmed, and gives credence to the fact that one must always pay attention to that gentle whisper...

Good for you. I too have been attacked here, and by the Queens when I brought up my gut feelings about him over a year ago when he made his "comeback" to TV and an interview by Father Mitch Pacwa. It was the most uncomfortable interview I had ever seen by the easygoing Fr. Pacwa. No one there backed me up, and I even backed off and apologized realizing that the forum was not ready to see my insights. But now they are all over it.

Don't fall into group think. It is easy to get swayed on these forums when the gang mentality sets in. Follow your own conscience. Not directed at you, as you have already done that. But, a word of caution to everyone else. And also to everyone else, don't attack when your personal sacred cow gets goaded. Try to listen and respond in an intelligent manner, it will make forums like these a much more interesting place and more meaningful use of all of our time. 

And I will tell you all one other thing about that uncomfortable interview, when the Black Dog first appeared as Black Beard in his Anton LaVey look. A loud crash was heard during the interview. And Father Mitch explained what it was. And said a quick prayer on air for the afflicted person. What happened was that one of the camera men on set fainted. Looking back, I would say the smoke of Satan was present in that room.

And again,  I would love to have a tape of it, as it will never be seen again, but watching the morning Mass, the next day on EWTN gave me the willies as Father Corapi was at the Altar making weird gestures during the Consecration of the Eucharist. It was beyond creepy. Evidently, he did not feel comfortable doing the priestly duties of the Sacrifice of the Mass, but he did give a very entertaining sermon. When we had TV in the home, I used to have the EWTN morning Mass on while the children got ready for school.