Father Corapi: Am I the only one?
What's the point of speculating about whether or not he's guilty?

(03-24-2011, 01:08 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: What's the point of speculating about whether or not he's guilty?

'Cuz... folks like to hear themselves "talk" on the 'Net?  :shrug:

:nun: I rarely watch Father  Corapi, and haven't watched EWTN in awhile. I do however watch Father Groeschel sometimes. When his superiors received the letter,they may have had
some sort of investigation done.If so, they would not of course tell the public ,especially if this woman has retained a lawyer and plans to being a lawsuit.
I don't know if he's guilty or not.Sometimes a woman will accuse a man of something like rape or harrasment or whatever because they are angry at him.
A woman might come on to some layman, and because he rejects her advances ,telling her he''s married or engaged or whatever,so she decides to be vindictive about things, to make him pay for rejecting her. men can and sometimes do the same thing to women.It's all bound up in their ego.
It does make one wonder if there is any truth to the charges concerning his superiors actions. Bishop Fulton J.Sheen was a big tv personality years ago, but no one ever accused him of anything of this nature.I understand in his case there is a movement afoot  to put his cause for canonization before Rome.

I do hope things work out and the truth revealed.
(03-24-2011, 12:30 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Since he is a Novus Ordo priest, I couldn't care less.
This.
(03-24-2011, 01:11 PM)HollyDolly Wrote: Bishop Fulton J.Sheen was a big tv personality years ago, but no one ever accused him of anything of this nature.

I understand that this wasn't too long ago, but the world is quite different now than it was then.
(03-24-2011, 12:28 PM)damooster Wrote: Am I the only person here who is willing to entertain the possibility that Fr. Corapi may be guilty of what he was accused of?

Don't get me wrong: I believe in innocent until proven guilty and I want Fr. Corapi to have a legit chance to defend himself. But it just strikes me as odd that his superiors would receive a letter and immediately take away his faculties. I want to believe that some kind of preliminary investigation was conducted to determine the possibility of truth in the charges, and they took away his faculties based on that preliminary investigation until they could clear, or charge, him. At the very minimum I'm sure they interviewed this woman and any other that was involved. People like this don't just come forward with accusations. Something tells me she had some kind of proof.

Again, let me reiterate that I believe in innocent until proven guilty. It just seems like everyone here has already determined that the woman is lying.

At some point, a person makes a decision about what they believe, they can do it, sooner or later, but it's a leap of faith, even believing the testimony of a person is a leap of faith.
Here's how I look at it:

Fr. Corapi has publicly denied it, you either believe him or you don't.  If you're "holding out" then you don't believe him. 

I've chosen to believe him since he has repeatedly stated two things, that he could potentially fall and second, that people have been trying to bring him down for years, hiring prostitutes to come to his door so they can snap pictures of him at the door with them. 

The general trend as with the suspensions in Philadelphia is to sweep up good, holy orthodox priests that are "too orthodox" for the liberal hierarchy by tossing out the wheat with the chaff.  It's not surprising that the heirarchy would deliberately disobey Our Lord's command when it comes to being forced to deal with the chaff by the secular world, they'll willingly sacrifice a few heretics and loose cannons to take out a few good priests. 

Fr. Corapi has brought to the public, every major issue troubling the church, in Nebraska last year he gave vocal, public support for the FSSP and the return of tradition in the Church.  I suspect he doesn't say the TLM because he's simply not confident in his ability to say it correctly, (From listening to him, Latin doesn't seem to be an easy language for him.) 

After several years of limited activity due to his illness, he has only recently renewed his activity, adding to the trends already present for improved liturgy and catechesis.  They didn't have to persecute him when he was a solitary voice in the JPII era and they didn't have to persecute him when his own health put him on the bench.  So, by joining the stream of "consevative  with traditional elements" he "turning the clock back" and bringing us to the early post concilar days when elements of tradition had not completely disappeared.  This in the minds of progressives would be the "incremental" characteristic that they employ being used against them.  So Fr. Corapi must be stopped.  If he were to help bring the Church to 1972 style Novus Ordo's with TLMs popping up all over the place, it would be the end of the Novus Ordo.  My father used to always say, "They got rid of the Latin Mass because if the two were available nobody woiuld end up going to the New Mass." 
(03-24-2011, 01:24 PM)Gerard Wrote: The general trend as with the suspensions in Philadelphia is to sweep up good, holy orthodox priests that are "too orthodox" for the liberal hierarchy by tossing out the wheat with the chaff.  It's not surprising that the heirarchy would deliberately disobey Our Lord's command when it comes to being forced to deal with the chaff by the secular world, they'll willingly sacrifice a few heretics and loose cannons to take out a few good priests. 

Whoa, what?  More info please!
(03-24-2011, 01:06 PM)AndreasAngelopolitanus Wrote: Well, at least you know who Fr. Corapi is.

Yes, I gather from the other thread's title that he is on EWTN or whatever... but having never subscribed to "pay TV" (and being TV-free for a few years now) I don't know diddley about him.   :shrug:

Fr. Corapi was a military man in his youth.  After the military, he became a millionaire with a beachfront property, Ferrari, partying with rock stars and at the playboy mansion.  He eventually ended up broke and on the street after drug use.  He ended up back in his mother's house.

You can get a condensed version of his journey from this point on:

(03-24-2011, 01:47 PM)KBernadette Wrote:
(03-24-2011, 01:24 PM)Gerard Wrote: The general trend as with the suspensions in Philadelphia is to sweep up good, holy orthodox priests that are "too orthodox" for the liberal hierarchy by tossing out the wheat with the chaff.  It's not surprising that the heirarchy would deliberately disobey Our Lord's command when it comes to being forced to deal with the chaff by the secular world, they'll willingly sacrifice a few heretics and loose cannons to take out a few good priests. 

Whoa, what?  More info please!

Yes I second this.  What's your findings on this Gerard?
(03-24-2011, 01:17 PM)Stubborn Wrote:
(03-24-2011, 12:30 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Since he is a Novus Ordo priest, I couldn't care less.
This.

This lack of Charity is astounding. You both should be ashamed. He is a human being who most likely is being falsely accused(IMO). This pharisaical elitism has no place here. You should pray for God's Will and justice if you have the time and energy to comment on a forum.