Father Corapi: Am I the only one?
It was discussed here:  

http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...20.10.html

I know of four priests who have either told me personally or preached from the pulpit that this second grand jury report is essentially a witch-hunt.  I know of several connections with priests who were/are sympathetic to the cause of tradition and have been subtley punished for it by the Cardinal.  I know of other priests who are simply older and have maintained the faith despite the Novus Ordo and have had 30 year old accusations from which they were cleared brought back.  

"Boundaries issues with minors" is now including socially drinking with a minor in the room, hall or restaurant.   One child was introduced to a priest by the parents noting that the priest and the child had the same birthday.  The child came up and hugged the priest  and the parents from that incident filed a complaint.  (The priest was set up, in other words.)
Yes, one more example of how this whole thing is an abuse hoax with our supposed Pastors creating evil sex-ed programs.

If only it were a witch hunt, we'd collect a good number of miters if it were.
(03-24-2011, 12:30 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Since he is a Novus Ordo priest, I couldn't care less.

Well that's just about the most hateful, diabolical statement I've heard or read today. I'm sure Our Lord was pleased.

Looks like you should step away from the keyboard and focus on having a genuine conversion of heart before you post again.

This from someone who doesn't attend the Novus Ordo.
I don't know if he did anything or not.  That's for his bishop to figure out.  Me, I'll just add him and his accuser to my prayers and pray that justice is done with mercy to all concerned.
What Gerard stated -- spot on!

Vetus -- Our Lady called those serving her Son, "My Priests," and made no distinction whether they are novus ordo or not.  I hope you requalify your statement because it reeks of the false kind of traditional Catholicism.

When priests are accused, it is usually that they are guilty until proved innocent.  The accuser will almost always remain nameless.  I have heard Fr. Corapi speak.  I believe he has brought more fallen away and lukewarm Catholics back into the fold than trads of the Traditio flavor, as well as invigorated already practicing ones.  I have heard him speak of his past, and his conversion (revert).  We who inhabit the pages in this forum have undertaken and gone through this kind of conversion -- the profound spiritual kind.  If I were to be accused of improper sexual misconduct tomorrow, I will categorically deny it because I know I haven't done it.  I may be guilty before your eyes, but I know you are all wrong.  This is what I will stand by Fr. Corapi -- novus ordo priest who preaches the orthodox Catholic faith.  If you have not heard him speak, then shut up, and judge him not, even in the external forum.

What plagues this whole mess is that Fr. Corapi was immediately stripped of his priestly faculties -- suspens a divinis.  The USCCB (United States Cadre of Corrupt Bishops) were forthwith advised that Fr, Corapi was on an "administratibve leave" and therefore should be accorded pariah distinction -- he is not to be allowed in any of their Sees.  Yet, when the pedophile and pedrast priests committed their crimes on innocent young boys, they were shuffled parish to parish to continue on their profligacy while the bishops scrambled to cover up the mess.  That is the the difference in the present situation.  That is the true sense of the word SCANDAL.
Also, there are worse things than being a philanderer.  Heresy is far worse than that.  I wish Bishops would focus on suspending priests a divinis for heresy.  Not doing so makes them look like they lack for convictions.
(03-24-2011, 03:03 PM)Vincentius Wrote: What plagues this whole mess is that Fr. Corapi was immediately stripped of his priestly faculties -- suspens a divinis.  The USCCB (United States Cadre of Corrupt Bishops) were forthwith advised that Fr, Corapi was on an "administratibve leave" and therefore should be accorded pariah distinction -- he is not to be allowed in any of their Sees.  Yet, when the pedophile and pedrast priests committed their crimes on innocent young boys, they were shuffled parish to parish to continue on their profligacy while the bishops scrambled to cover up the mess.  That is the the difference in the present situation.  That is the true sense of the word SCANDAL.

Perhaps their reaction (or overreaction) is born out of that scandal.  It wouldn't be the first time that an attempt to correct went too far in the other direction.
(03-24-2011, 02:17 PM)Heinrich Wrote:
(03-24-2011, 01:17 PM)Stubborn Wrote:
(03-24-2011, 12:30 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Since he is a Novus Ordo priest, I couldn't care less.
This.

This lack of Charity is astounding. You both should be ashamed. He is a human being who most likely is being falsely accused(IMO). This pharisaical elitism has no place here. You should pray for God's Will and justice if you have the time and energy to comment on a forum.

(03-24-2011, 03:03 PM)Vincentius Wrote: Vetus -- Our Lady called those serving her Son, "My Priests," and made no distinction whether they are novus ordo or not.  I hope you requalify your statement because it reeks of the false kind of traditional Catholicism.

I'd like to see all that "righteous indignation" if a fellow human being - let's say an Imam, a Rabbi or even an avowed atheist - would be falsely accused.

I'm being honest when I say that I couldn't care less about the televangelist star Fr. Corapi and other Novus Ordo clergy. I honestly don't care.

I wish God to be merciful to all men but, humanly speaking, Novus Ordo priests deserve the same level of consideration in my book as "Pastors" Willie and Billy.
(03-24-2011, 02:55 PM)Alabama Trad Wrote:

Well that's just about the most hateful, diabolical statement I've heard or read today. I'm sure Our Lord was pleased.

Looks like you should step away from the keyboard and focus on having a genuine conversion of heart before you post again.

The "righteous indignation" of the "righteous goy."

Sorry but I'm unimpressed. Let's have less chutzpah and more honesty, please.
(03-24-2011, 02:55 PM)Alabama Trad Wrote:

This! It doesn't matter if someone is a NO Priest or a Traditional Priest they are a priest in the Holy Catholic Apostolic Church and deserve that respect and if they are bad priests (not saying Fr. Corapi is bad because I believe he is a great priest) but if they are bad priests they need our prayers and not our condemnation.