Father Corapi: Am I the only one?
Funny, Vetus.

I'll pray for you.

Our Lord loved everyone and we're called to love everyone as well. You don't care whether these terrible things are true or false because a priest says the Novus Ordo.

Whether you think the N.O. is valid, invalid, licit or illicit is beyond the point. That you wouldn't care about even a pagan or a Hindu speaks volumes about your "faith". Sad, really.
See, then we wonder why non-trads won't stand up for +W and the false accusations against him....
This reminds me of a story I heard and I think it was Fr. Corapi that said it about a bad priest during the time of I think it was St. Francis. This priest was having relations with women and was engaging in all kinds of public scandal. It was being announced that St. Francis was coming to talk to this priest. Everyone knew who St. Francis was and new about his holiness and everyone thought that this priest was in for it.

So when St. Francis came to this priest all he said was, "I want to see your hands." The priest showed St. Francis his hands and St. Francis said, "All I know and all I want to know is these hands bring the God of Heaven and Earth down from Heaven." From that point on this priest repented and became a very good and holy priest.

(03-24-2011, 03:55 PM)Alabama Trad Wrote: I'll pray for you.

Thanks for the public notification.

"And when ye pray, you shall not be as the hypocrites, that love to stand and pray in the synagogues and corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men: Amen I say to you, they have received their reward. But thou when thou shalt pray, enter into thy chamber, and having shut the door, pray to thy Father in secret: and thy Father who seeth in secret will repay thee." (Matt 6:5-6)
Quote:Our Lord loved everyone and we're called to love everyone as well. You don't care whether these terrible things are true or false because a priest says the Novus Ordo.

Yes, I don't personally care about it. The same way I wouldn't care if it were a Protestant Pastor or a Rabbi.

My love for the enemies of God is a mere intellectual charity. I pray and wish that they may convert, if that be the will of God. Nothing more.
Quote:Whether you think the N.O. is valid, invalid, licit or illicit is beyond the point.

Truth is never "beyond the point", at least to a Christian whose God is Truth Himself.
Quote:That you wouldn't care about even a pagan or a Hindu speaks volumes about your "faith". Sad, really.

The evolutionist "righteous goy" is going to give me lessons in the faith? Your chutzpah is noteworthy indeed.

Your rant isn't sad, it's just ridiculous.
(03-24-2011, 04:30 PM)Petertherock Wrote: This reminds me of a story I heard and I think it was Fr. Corapi that said it about a bad priest during the time of I think it was St. Francis. This priest was having relations with women and was engaging in all kinds of public scandal. It was being announced that St. Francis was coming to talk to this priest. Everyone knew who St. Francis was and new about his holiness and everyone thought that this priest was in for it.

So when St. Francis came to this priest all he said was, "I want to see your hands." The priest showed St. Francis his hands and St. Francis said, "All I know and all I want to know is these hands bring the God of Heaven and Earth down from Heaven." From that point on this priest repented and became a very good and holy priest.

Sounds like coddling to me, even if it was Saint Francis who said that.
(03-24-2011, 04:49 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote:
(03-24-2011, 04:30 PM)Petertherock Wrote: This reminds me of a story I heard and I think it was Fr. Corapi that said it about a bad priest during the time of I think it was St. Francis. This priest was having relations with women and was engaging in all kinds of public scandal. It was being announced that St. Francis was coming to talk to this priest. Everyone knew who St. Francis was and new about his holiness and everyone thought that this priest was in for it.

Sounds like coddling to me, even if it was Saint Francis who said that.

If it was Fr. Corapi that told this story he told it many many years before these allegations.

(03-24-2011, 04:38 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(03-24-2011, 03:55 PM)Alabama Trad Wrote: I'll pray for you.

Thanks for the public notification.

"And when ye pray, you shall not be as the hypocrites, that love to stand and pray in the synagogues and corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men: Amen I say to you, they have received their reward. But thou when thou shalt pray, enter into thy chamber, and having shut the door, pray to thy Father in secret: and thy Father who seeth in secret will repay thee." (Matt 6:5-6)
Quote:Our Lord loved everyone and we're called to love everyone as well. You don't care whether these terrible things are true or false because a priest says the Novus Ordo.

Yes, I don't personally care about it. The same way I wouldn't care if it were a Protestant Pastor or a Rabbi.

My love for the enemies of God is a mere intellectual charity. I pray and wish that they may convert, if that be the will of God. Nothing more.
Quote:Whether you think the N.O. is valid, invalid, licit or illicit is beyond the point.

Truth is never "beyond the point", at least to a Christian whose God is Truth Himself.
Quote:That you wouldn't care about even a pagan or a Hindu speaks volumes about your "faith". Sad, really.

The evolutionist "righteous goy" is going to give me lessons in the faith? Your chutzpah is noteworthy indeed.

Your rant isn't sad, it's just ridiculous.

Yeah, that's funny -  the evolutionist newbie is going to chastise Vetus Ordo, one of the strongest trads on this forum, and give him a lesson in the Faith.  This is truly hilarious.

What I think Vetus is getting at is that with the Novus Ordo, crap like this is par for the course.  For those of us who love the Church and are real tired of seeing and hearing about it being beaten down like a dog these last 50 years by the liberal infiltrators and a Protestant Mass, we do start to "care less," in a sense, about stuff like this.  BUT - it is the ISSUE that we "care less" about, not the person/people involved.  What people like Vetus and I hear is this:  Another Novus Ordo clergyman involved in a scandal.  Again, this is par for the course in the Novus Ordo.
(03-24-2011, 03:37 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: I'm being honest when I say that I couldn't care less about the televangelist star Fr. Corapi and other Novus Ordo clergy. I honestly don't care.

Just a quick question.  Why did you post?  If you don't care, you don't care but you care enough to let everyone know that you don't care.  

It seems important for you to trumpet your disdain more than your apathy.  

(03-24-2011, 05:38 PM)Gerard Wrote:
(03-24-2011, 03:37 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: I'm being honest when I say that I couldn't care less about the televangelist star Fr. Corapi and other Novus Ordo clergy. I honestly don't care.

Just a quick question.  Why did you post?  If you don't care, you don't care but you care enough to let everyone know that you don't care.  

It seems important for you to trumpet your disdain more than your apathy.

Actually, you're correct.

Perhaps I was imprudent in letting my thoughts about this situation be known.
Who can say? What do you or I or anyone know?  Nothing, other than that this is all so sad. Perhaps its better that way--not to know. Just pray for him.
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton