Father Corapi: Am I the only one?
(03-24-2011, 09:49 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Anyone who is an accomplice to the new Church cannot be considered "orthodox" by any stretch of the imagination.

Yeah, well that's a little too ambiguous to be really useful. "new Church" is a good rhetorical catch phrase but it doesn't reflect any actual theological parameters. 

Quote: Since the new Magisterium teaches religious liberty, ecumenism, collegiality, healthy laicism, etc., Fr. Corapi accepts these things as teachings of the Church. Even if he were in honest error about these modern heresies, it would still be a complete violation of the meaning of the word to call him "orthodox." 

There is no "new" Magisterium, there is one Magisterium with three levels of invocation.  There are policies on religious liberty and there are teachings on religious liberty that are consistent with the perennial teaching of the Church.  Collegiality is a fad but it is not strictly Gallicanism. 

Aside from the usual murky misunderstanding of EENS, which is a "must" for an eventual infallible definition, I have not heard Fr. Corapi promoting anything that is a heresy like I have Frs. Pacwa and Groeschel. 

Be careful that you don't slip into Donatism, this idea of "taint" can be applied to Archbishop LeFebvre, Pope Pius XiI, even St. Pius X if you want to, you can even take that argument against St. Thomas Aquinas historically. 
(03-24-2011, 09:49 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(03-24-2011, 09:41 PM)Gerard Wrote:
(03-24-2011, 08:42 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: How anyone in his right mind considers televangelist star Fr. Corapi an "orthodox priest" is beyond me.

Well, it's quite simple, if the substance of what the guy says is actually the teaching of the Catholic Church, and if he actually professes to believe it even going to so far as to say that whatever the Magisterium teaches he will submit to.  That's being orthodox.  It doesn't mean one can't be in an honest error, but it's quite different from someone like Fr. Benedict Groeschel or Fr. Mitch Pacwa deliberately declaring that they don't hold certain truths of the Catholic faith. 

His Catechism series has actually done a good service to alot of people by his explanations of the commentaries being drained of the ambiguous nature he does what Bishop Williamson calls "dragging the language back onto the high ground."   

Anyone who is an accomplice to the new Church cannot be considered "orthodox" by any stretch of the imagination.

Since the new Magisterium teaches religious liberty, ecumenism, collegiality, healthy laicism, etc., Fr. Corapi accepts these things as teachings of the Church. Even if he were in honest error about these modern heresies, it would still be a complete violation of the meaning of the word to call him "orthodox."

The worst that can be said of him in any of this is that he shows about as much Americanism as any prelate in the USA prior to Vatican II.

And I'd consider quite a few of those men to be giving fairly decent catechesis for the most part.
The homosexuals and feminists are having an all out assault on the Church, even though Fr Corapi isn't a traditionalist priest, he is socially conservative and defended the Church's typically conservative stance on moral values. This priest has been a target for many years and has many enemies within the Church itself, especially with the homosexuals and ultra-modernists. there's no doubt in my mind they wouldn't set him up somehow, many of these people are in league with the very devil himself.

Father has predicted many times how they have promised to take him down eventually.

I just hope he fights them to the very end, which I believe he will. But I'm sure he will be "silenced" by his superiors, that's how the hierarchy in the Church handles everything, they shut you up and shut you down which leaves the door wide open to a speculating and suspicious public.
I was unaware that he had stated there would be an attempt to bring him down.  It is extremely disheartening. 

I believe that his superiors more than likely have done these measures to him more as a protection, rather than a punishment or admission or belief in guilt.

Of course, that isn't to say that it isn't possible that the allegations are true.  They could be, put hoping and praying they are not.  :pray:
Say it with me, "abuse-hoax".    Evil people within helping evil people on the outside take advantage of RARE occurences where homosexuals manipulate younger children.

You don't need to look at the Catholic Church for that, you have entire political parties and coteries of media figures devoted to sexually abusing children.
(03-24-2011, 04:38 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(03-24-2011, 03:55 PM)Alabama Trad Wrote: I'll pray for you.

Thanks for the public notification.

"And when ye pray, you shall not be as the hypocrites, that love to stand and pray in the synagogues and corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men: Amen I say to you, they have received their reward. But thou when thou shalt pray, enter into thy chamber, and having shut the door, pray to thy Father in secret: and thy Father who seeth in secret will repay thee." (Matt 6:5-6)
Quote:Our Lord loved everyone and we're called to love everyone as well. You don't care whether these terrible things are true or false because a priest says the Novus Ordo.

Yes, I don't personally care about it. The same way I wouldn't care if it were a Protestant Pastor or a Rabbi.

My love for the enemies of God is a mere intellectual charity. I pray and wish that they may convert, if that be the will of God. Nothing more.
Quote:Whether you think the N.O. is valid, invalid, licit or illicit is beyond the point.

Truth is never "beyond the point", at least to a Christian whose God is Truth Himself.
Quote:That you wouldn't care about even a pagan or a Hindu speaks volumes about your "faith". Sad, really.

The evolutionist "righteous goy" is going to give me lessons in the faith? Your chutzpah is noteworthy indeed.

Your rant isn't sad, it's just ridiculous.

Bizarre. I guess you're pretty much the stereotypical "internet trad". Intense judgmental streak? Check. Inflated sense of self worth? Yep. Absolutely no charity. Appears that way.

How can you will someone's salvation "in an intellectual sense" if you don't care whether they have actually been abusing drugs and committing sexual sins? That has a direct impact on their salvation, because even if you think he's heterodox his moral maturity speaks to the direction of his life.

Why don't you step away from the keyboard for a little while and read the Gospel for a little while? You can be a traditionalist without being angry, you can have the true faith without actually hating the Church's enemies (praying for them instead), and you can do other things than post that you "don't care" whether a priest's life is falling apart. How pathetic of you. Is your opinion really so important that you think you need to broadcast that it doesn't matter whether serious accusations are true?

If you actually cared about the truth you would care about the truth of serious accusations. But it seems like you don't care about the truth. You care about being a tough "goy" (whatever that means? strange, bro) and proving just how "trad" you are! Sweet!
(03-25-2011, 08:55 AM)alaric Wrote: The homosexuals and feminists are having an all out assault on the Church, even though Fr Corapi isn't a traditionalist priest, he is socially conservative and defended the Church's typically conservative stance on moral values. This priest has been a target for many years and has many enemies within the Church itself, especially with the homosexuals and ultra-modernists. there's no doubt in my mind they wouldn't set him up somehow, many of these people are in league with the very devil himself.

Father has predicted many times how they have promised to take him down eventually.

I just hope he fights them to the very end, which I believe he will. But I'm sure he will be "silenced" by his superiors, that's how the hierarchy in the Church handles everything, they shut you up and shut you down which leaves the door wide open to a speculating and suspicious public.

Amen.
(03-24-2011, 01:02 PM)dustman Wrote: Atleast its a woman and not a young boy.

Fr. Corapi is becoming another victom of compulsory celibacy if true.

Nothing compulsory about it.One chooses to take one's vows.    ::)
(03-24-2011, 02:17 PM)Heinrich Wrote:
(03-24-2011, 01:17 PM)Stubborn Wrote:
(03-24-2011, 12:30 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Since he is a Novus Ordo priest, I couldn't care less.
This.

This lack of Charity is astounding. You both should be ashamed. He is a human being who most likely is being falsely accused(IMO). This pharisaical elitism has no place here. You should pray for God's Will and justice if you have the time and energy to comment on a forum.

Agreed! These are the kind of statements that make Traditional Catholics look bad.  I pray to God that I NEVER have to attend another Novus Ordo Mass, but whether guilty or innocent, this man is in trouble. I hate it when people kick a man when he's down.
(03-28-2011, 06:25 PM)JoniCath Wrote:
(03-24-2011, 02:17 PM)Heinrich Wrote:
(03-24-2011, 01:17 PM)Stubborn Wrote:
(03-24-2011, 12:30 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Since he is a Novus Ordo priest, I couldn't care less.
This.

This lack of Charity is astounding. You both should be ashamed. He is a human being who most likely is being falsely accused(IMO). This pharisaical elitism has no place here. You should pray for God's Will and justice if you have the time and energy to comment on a forum.

Agreed! These are the kind of statements that make Traditional Catholics look bad.  I pray to God that I NEVER have to attend another Novus Ordo Mass, but whether guilty or innocent, this man is in trouble. I hate it when people kick a man when he's down.

Judging by the other posts I've seen of Vetus here there's nothing traditionally Catholic about him. Just an angry guy. Feel bad for him.