Pepsi Lovers
(04-05-2011, 02:52 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(04-05-2011, 02:45 AM)Mac_Giolla_Bhrighde Wrote: For the sake of surviving, Dr. Pepper sold it's international rights to PepsiCo. a decade or so ago. It is definitely kicking DP in the butt now that they are finally having national and international appeal, but they probably wouldn't have survived if they hadn't made the deal. Anyways PepsiCo for obvious reasons hasn't been that aggressive in marketing DP outside of the US.

Actually, CocaCola owns the international rights. The CocaCola Product List ('D' page) from the official CocaCola website:

http://www.thecoca-colacompany.com/brand...ist_d.html

That is misleading. Coca-Cola and PepsiCo both recently bought out their independently owned bottlers, who had been free to contract with non in house branded products. Those bottlers had been contracted to produce DP outside of the US via Cadbury. I guess Cadbury bought back the rights, but I know that DP sold it, pre-Cadbury, to PepsiCo for something like 400Million. Without their own international bottlers, it makes it hard to compete. But that was DPs fault for missing the whole fountain drink/fast food thing. doh!
The recent article on PepsiCo collaborating with Senomyx using aborted fetal kidney cells for flavor development pretty much seals the deal in favor of Coca Cola products. I hope everyone here will boycott PepsiCo and write letters in complaint.
I follow another blog and just found out the same thing! Along with Nestle and Kraft. There goes my Kraft mac cheese, with Pepsi followed by a Nestle crunch bar! What is this world comming to? Geeze. Poor babies. I have also heard a few years ago about flu vaccines using aborted babies cells to make more. That was my reason for refusing it (I work in healthcare and an encouraged to take vaccines) Here's another article found just with google. [url][http://www.vaccineaware.com/2009/09/swin...s.html/url]