Santa Cruz media statement on Fr. Corapi
(03-27-2011, 04:01 PM)BrendanD Wrote:
(03-25-2011, 12:34 PM)Petertherock Wrote: Statement of Santa Cruz Media, Inc. Relative to Fr. Corapi’s Suspension

[...] We fully support Rev. John Corapi in this terrible trial, not surprisingly having begun on Ash Wednesday. Through the sacrifice and struggle of the desert and all of the dark moments that this entails, we are confident that the glory of the risen Lord will shine forth from the power of the Resurrection and Easter.

Um, yeah...  A little melodramatic, don't you think?   Whenever someone compares his personal problems and inconveniences to the Passion of Christ my sensus Catholicus kicks into overdrive.

Eh, it's Charismatic PR spin. I can talk like that, too, but I'd sound like a whack-job especially since I'm not a charismatic.  Melodrama is usually best left in homilies or religious tracts where it inspires.  This is selling to their audience that likes that kind of lingo.

Just read past that fluff; it's meaningless.  Don't read anything negative into it either.  That's how some of these people write and talk normally, believe it or not.  It's like watching the 700 Club some days.  Simple statements of fact become life-changing pronouncements.  Everyone has a "Good Friday" in their lives; most of us don't have PR experts to spin it to others - but Christ knows.

I wouldn't read too much into it.
(03-27-2011, 05:01 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: Eh, it's Charismatic PR spin. I can talk like that, too, but I'd sound like a whack-job especially since I'm not a charismatic.  Melodrama is usually best left in homilies or religious tracts where it inspires.  This is selling to their audience that likes that kind of lingo.

Just read past that fluff; it's meaningless.  Don't read anything negative into it either.  That's how some of these people write and talk normally, believe it or not.  It's like watching the 700 Club some days.  Simple statements of fact become life-changing pronouncements.  Everyone has a "Good Friday" in their lives; most of us don't have PR experts to spin it to others - but Christ knows.

I wouldn't read too much into it.

Actually, I think it's far from being the product of PR "experts" it's amateurish and, frankly, damaging.  He's a suffering Christ but he'll rise again on Easter morning.  It's the devil. The bishop is wrong, the canonists told us so. Blah, blah, blah.  He's using the "not associated wit the RCC" statement as a cover. It may not be associated with the RCC but its sure in heck associated with Fr Corapi.

The whole thing seems immature and unmanly.  The exact opposite of his public persona. Contrast that with Padre Pio's decades long silence in the face of unjust ecclesiastical silencing... 
(03-27-2011, 06:05 PM)BrendanD Wrote: The whole thing seems immature and unmanly.  The exact opposite of his public persona. Contrast that with Padre Pio's decades long silence in the face of unjust ecclesiastical silencing... 

Yes, but remember it's not Fr. Corapi making these statements.  He made a single one, denying the charges, and asking for prayers.  This might just be misguided "help".  Could Fr. C tell them to stop?  Yeah, probably, but in practical terms the cow is out of the barn, and also he's probably in a position right now where any positive words are seen as a good thing by him, albeit subjectively.

All I'm saying is don't let this statement affect your opinion one way or another.  It's meaningless in the grand scheme of things.  Facts are what counts, and we don't have access to them - the tribunal and Canon Lawyers do.