Forum-wide Rosary 6PM PDT for Laura and her family in chat tonight
I'm in and I'm sure if Dei is home at that time she'll be in.
I'll try to pray a Rosary (I'll try a corona and more, if I can).

:pray:
I'm in.  This is when the kids usually go to bed, so I will have the time.

The kids & I will do at least a decade at supper time.

I will also add LauraBookworm to the Confraternity of Penitents prayer list when I do my chat at 7:30 tonight.
I'll certainly try to join in the rosary at 6 tonight, but I don't understand the chat room idea... What exactly does that mean? Is it like people typing the prayers in tandem?
(03-26-2011, 05:49 PM)St. Drogo Wrote: I'll certainly try to join in the rosary at 6 tonight, but I don't understand the chat room idea... What exactly does that mean? Is it like people typing the prayers in tandem?

I'll type, people will pray along in unison.  I know that can be annoying to pray in front of a monitor, so if you find it that way, just pray at 6.  It's the prayers that count, not being in the chat room, of course.

I may just type "Ave" and "Pater" at the beginning of each prayer.  I think typing out the whole prayer would get annoying to people.
(03-26-2011, 05:31 PM)Virgil the Roman Wrote: I'll try to pray a Rosary (I'll try a corona and more, if I can).

Don't drink that swill.  :P
Fantastic idea. I'll be there.
I will definitely be there.  Like you said, if only so many people can get in and I'm one that can't, I shall be praying at 8 my time.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.

I can't get into the chat room, but I'm praying the rosary at 6, and then include her intention at Vespers, as well as in this prayer:
PRAYER FOR THE CANONIZATION OF
FATHER MICHAEL J. MCGIVNEY
God, our Father, protector of the poor and defender of the widow and orphan, you called your priest, Father Michael J. McGivney, to be an apostle of Christian family life and to lead the young to the generous service of their neighbor. Through the example of his life and virtue may we follow your Son, Jesus Christ, more closely, fulfilling his commandment of charity and building up his Body which is the Church. Let the inspiration of your servant prompt us to greater confidence in your love so that we may continue his work of caring for the needy and the outcast. We humbly ask that you glorify your servant Father Michael J. McGivney on earth according to the design of your holy will. Through his intercession, grant the favor I now present (here make your request). Through Christ our Lord. Amen. (Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory be.)
I got a blank page, and I have no idea what a chat room is, but rosary on it's way.

tim