Forum-wide Rosary 6PM PDT for Laura and her family in chat tonight
Can't get on the computer right now, but saying family rosary for Laura in 2 minutes
Very pleased with the turn out.  I didn't type my amens and it logged me out and I didn't log back in because I didn't want to distract, but I was with you guys the whole time!
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(03-26-2011, 10:55 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: Very pleased with the turn out.  I didn't type my amens and it logged me out and I didn't log back in because I didn't want to distract, but I was with you guys the whole time!

Sorry about that.  Chat disconnects people sometimes. :(

Thanks for coming and praying with us!
(03-26-2011, 06:11 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote:
(03-26-2011, 05:31 PM)Virgil the Roman Wrote: I'll try to pray a Rosary (I'll try a corona and more, if I can).

:pray:

Don't drink that swill.  :P

I drink Sam Adams, or the local brews my local brewery.  I do not drink that bile.
Any news from her situation?
(03-27-2011, 05:35 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Any news from her situation?

You might have seen it already, but the update is here: http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...sg33439601
(03-27-2011, 05:40 PM)Vivace Wrote:
(03-27-2011, 05:35 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Any news from her situation?

You might have seen it already, but the update is here: http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...sg33439601

No, I hadn't seen it. Wonderful news!

May all thanks, praise and glory be to God, our Lord and Saviour. His will be done!
(03-27-2011, 05:55 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: May all thanks, praise and glory be to God, our Lord and Saviour. His will be done!

Amen. :pray:
How did this go last night?
(03-27-2011, 06:19 PM)Walty Wrote: How did this go last night?

The Rosary?

Besides the fact that I lost count twice (at least) and tried to say one of the Mysteries twice, it went pretty well I think.  Orate and Donna saved me from myself, though, and Donna ended up having to help me count.  :dunce:  In other words, we survived and made it through everything.  ;D

I get distracted during Rosary.  In fact, I concentrate on the mystery only before and during the Paternoster, then I start thinking about how it applies in my life because I just can't hold a single thought that long.  I lose count on my own and have to restart decades all the time because I have no idea where I left off.

I'm really the wrong person to lead a Rosary, but it seemed to be the thing to do for the purposes of yesterday.  If we do it again, I'll be sure to let someone else lead.

Oh, and typing while holding the beads messed me up, too.  My fingers slipped on the beads a few times, and that led to one of the miscounts.  If I do it again I might hold the rosary in my hand but count using a rosary program on the computer that I can click on.