Forum-wide Rosary 6PM PDT for Laura and her family in chat tonight
(03-27-2011, 06:32 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: I get distracted during Rosary.  In fact, I concentrate on the mystery only before and during the Paternoster, then I start thinking about how it applies in my life because I just can't hold a single thought that long.  I lose count on my own and have to restart decades all the time because I have no idea where I left off.

Ah, I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who has these struggles! Not that I'm glad that you're distracted while you say the Rosary, but you know what I mean.

Anyway, I'm up for joining if we do this again. It seems to have helped Laura!
Maybe next Saturday night again if she's still in the hospital?

It was great to pray the rosary together for her. Actually, the first time I'd done the 150 ave's and 15 mysteries consecutively
Is Laura still in hospital?
(03-31-2011, 09:10 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Is Laura still in hospital?

Yes, but she's breathing without the respirator and on the mend.

http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...sg33442515

(03-28-2011, 02:03 AM)Bakuryokuso Wrote: Maybe next Saturday night again if she's still in the hospital?

It was great to pray the rosary together for her. Actually, the first time I'd done the 150 ave's and 15 mysteries consecutively

We're going to start a weekly group rosary for all the Oratory and other requests (it's pinned in the oratory).  We're just going to do a Corona, though.
(03-27-2011, 06:32 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(03-27-2011, 06:19 PM)Walty Wrote: How did this go last night?

The Rosary?

Besides the fact that I lost count twice (at least) and tried to say one of the Mysteries twice, it went pretty well I think.  Orate and Donna saved me from myself, though, and Donna ended up having to help me count.  :dunce:  In other words, we survived and made it through everything.  ;D

I get distracted during Rosary.  In fact, I concentrate on the mystery only before and during the Paternoster, then I start thinking about how it applies in my life because I just can't hold a single thought that long.  I lose count on my own and have to restart decades all the time because I have no idea where I left off.

I'm really the wrong person to lead a Rosary, but it seemed to be the thing to do for the purposes of yesterday.  If we do it again, I'll be sure to let someone else lead.

Oh, and typing while holding the beads messed me up, too.  My fingers slipped on the beads a few times, and that led to one of the miscounts.  If I do it again I might hold the rosary in my hand but count using a rosary program on the computer that I can click on.

Hats off, Quis! I could not type while holding the beads  :o
awkward  :laughing:
Steenueidiold is Laura.
I'm tellin' you guys these thing are learning, and you guys better come up with weapons, soon !

tim
Hey, who is Laura and why are we praying for her ?