Pope acts directly to defend Summorum Pontificum
So apparently we've determined that StrictCatholicGirl is the "Sibyll".  Wow; didn't see that one comin'.  :shrug:

Also, do I've an arch-nemesis?  I don't think that I am too popular or well-known here to have one.
(03-28-2011, 05:28 AM)Walty Wrote: No!  Competition is what makes FE great.

Capitalist!
(03-28-2011, 02:33 AM)Unum Sint Wrote: http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2011/03...-last.html

So the secretary of Ecclesia Dei writes the original document then Card. Levada and Card. Llovera conspire together in order to derail it or at least water it down from its original intent. This arrives at the Pope's desk. I  can only think that  both Cardinals may have thought that the Pope would simply sign the thing without even reading it, after all it had Card. Levada's signature, why would the Pope check on his trusted adviser? Pope Benedict is indeed a cunning man, makes you think though of how much cloak and dagger games are being played in Rome. Truly the Catholic Church is God's Church how else could it have survived this long?

Let's don't forget the request he made at the beginning of his Papacy:

[size=10pt]Pray for me, that I may not flee for fear of the wolves.
[/size]
(03-28-2011, 11:31 AM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(03-28-2011, 05:28 AM)Walty Wrote: No!  Competition is what makes FE great.

Capitalist!

Lol
(03-28-2011, 11:28 AM)Virgil the Roman Wrote: So apparently we've determined that StrictCatholicGirl is the "Sibyll".  Wow; didn't see that one comin'.  :shrug:

Also, do I've an arch-nemesis?  I don't think that I am too popular or well-known here to have one.

You've changed your name, haven't you?
(03-28-2011, 06:26 PM)Walty Wrote:
(03-28-2011, 11:28 AM)Virgil the Roman Wrote: So apparently we've determined that StrictCatholicGirl is the "Sibyll".  Wow; didn't see that one comin'.  :shrug:

You've changed your name, haven't you?

his avatar anyhoo
Why should the Holy Father have to "act directly to defend Summorum Pontificum" if he was the one who wrote it?

Is this a matter for bishops to even act on?
(04-02-2011, 12:49 PM)ketchum Wrote: Why should the Holy Father have to "act directly to defend Summorum Pontificum" if he was the one who wrote it?

Is this a matter for bishops to even act on?

The bishops haven't paid attention to the Pope since JP2 took over; they ignored him, got away with it, and seem to have a sense of "collegial entitlement" now.  B16 has an uphill battle to get them to straighten out; they will fight him at every opportunity. 

Which is a perfect time for me to add:

We should remember the Pope in our daily prayers for everything from protection against the wolves, to that he cancels Assisi III, to God sending him a big broom to sweep the filth out of the Church.  He is one man struggling to keep the ship aright while the world beats against it.  He is flawed like any of us, he will make mistakes, and he needs our help in prayers just as every pope from JP2 to St. Pius V did.

I wouldn't want that job and the responsibility that goes with it for all the tea in China.