This Fr. Z post made my "fraud radar" go off Fr. Z manipulates the Pope
(03-29-2011, 10:00 AM)Gerard Wrote:
(03-29-2011, 09:46 AM)Augstine Baker Wrote: MMm, but this sort of thing has been going on in the Vatican for centuries... unfortunately... and this is the way they do business now.  Archbishop Lefebvre was a curial outsider and was easily isolated and discredited.  ++Levada has been put out to pasture and doesn't say much.  What a contrast to the outspoken Cardinal Burke....

But Burke has no power except that which concerns canonical trials that reach him and you think his predecessor (Levada) has less power and influence than Burke does?  Burke gets to say his opinions, but he doesn't have any ability to enforce the teaching of the Church.  Levada has the power to allow all sorts of abuse to continue.  Both Burke and Levada were spirited away from the U.S. Levada because like Cardinal Law, the trail of abuse and his gay agenda friendliness was starting to catch up to him and Burke because he was actually shaking things up with the most basic no-brainer public statements about pro-abort politicians. 

Cardinal Ratzinger used to be in the news all the time as head of CDF, very clearly the captain of the ship.  The one time I hear about ++Levada, and it's because he's getting slapped down by his boss for trying to make an end run on him.

And I don't think for a moment that Cardinal Burke would be permitted to be as vociferous as he's being without a nod from the top.  After all, it was Burke who took Cardinal Kasper [another sidestepped curial member] for his irresponsible behavior and attempted sabotage of the Anglican Ordinariate.  I've noticed since then that Cardinal Kasper has been saying many things uncharacteristic of an Old Liberal who was described by one priest in Germany as a cancer of the Church.

I'm mystified by the Beatification of JP II and the new Assisssi debacle as well as the Beatification of the fruity Cardinal Newman, but there it is... there's a lot of other stuff happening too.

Messages In This Thread
Re: This Fr. Z post made my "fraud radar" go off Fr. Z manipulates the Pope - by Augstine Baker - 03-29-2011, 10:13 AM