This Fr. Z post made my "fraud radar" go off Fr. Z manipulates the Pope
(03-29-2011, 08:41 AM)Augstine Baker Wrote:
(03-29-2011, 08:35 AM)Gerard Wrote:
(03-29-2011, 01:50 AM)SaintRafael Wrote: Fr. Z was only reacting and summarizing very briefly the news the broke out on the Rorate Caeli blog.

It was Rorate Caeli who had the big news and article about Cardinal Levada and Canizares undermining the instruction. There is a thread on FE about it:
http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...846.0.html

But why the unwillingness to address Fr. Corapi's very public situation directly without naming him and name the names of Cardinals in a series of rumors?  Taking it on face value, it's at the very least detraction against the Cardinals. 

Fr. Z claims to have the information from a French site and an Italian site.

My point is, that the whole thing sounds like a trial balloon and an effort to play on the emotions of "trads." 

Fr. Z is the "hero" who drops the hint to the Pope to thwart the plans of the rascally Cardinals.  But these Cardinals are the hand-picked associates of the Holy Father whom Fr. Z trumpeted as people he knows how to work with. 
It doesn't make sense. 

Take it for what it's worth.  This is what I heard and I believe it's true.  Seriously, Lavender Levada?

++Levada was promoted out of the way.  Most of the work is done by the Holy Father himself who works long days like an Enlightenment despot.

Of course he was. He didn't even ALLOW the TLM. to be prayed in his archdiocese under the Indult of JPII. When he was "called" to the Vatican, I remember thinking, "Keep your friends close & your enemies even closer". It's amazing to me that people who dream up very detailed conspiracy theories didn't pick up on that.

http://www.sffaith.com/ed/articles/1999/0399gm2.htm

An excerpt:
Forbidding Tradition
WHY WON'T THE POPE'S MAN GRANT THE POPE'S INDULT?
By George Neumayr, 1999.
Pope John Paul II asked bishops again this last year to show "pastoral attention" to Catholics attached to the Latin Mass. But in San Francisco the Latin Mass is forbidden. The reason: San Francisco Archbishop William Levada refuses to grant the Pope's indult.

It reminds me of those who kept asking why Cardinal Law was "called to Rome". Did no one realize that his life wasn't worth a plug nickel in the states & that the Cardinal was receiving some serious death threats.

As for Father Corapi, I don't think that the temporary suspension of a Televangelist is of the same import as tampering with a Papal document. 

Messages In This Thread
Re: This Fr. Z post made my "fraud radar" go off Fr. Z manipulates the Pope - by JoniCath - 03-29-2011, 03:18 PM