This Fr. Z post made my "fraud radar" go off Fr. Z manipulates the Pope
I'm not convinced that Father Z is manipulating an existing finite group.  I've noticed that in addition to the neo-cons who like the Latin Mass who have been following him for a long time, that there are quite a few neo-Cons who weren't friendly to the Immemorial Rite of the Mass who'll now at least darken the door of an Indult.

Moreover, I don't think you know just what the Pope's relationship is like with +Levada.  I've heard it was strained.  I keep coming back to the idea that Father Malachi Martin had that the Cardinals surrounding the Pope despise him, and you can sense it in the tone they take with regard to certain initiatives he would launch, and so forth when JP II was still in charge.  Now the Cardinals seem much more submissive, almost like Corgis and their disagreement with the Pope's agenda seems a lot less overt and simpering.  Of coruse, we do have +Schoenborn.... .

Messages In This Thread
Re: This Fr. Z post made my "fraud radar" go off Fr. Z manipulates the Pope - by Augstine Baker - 03-29-2011, 10:47 PM