Best Diet For Good Health
I think the best diet for good health is based on The Vetus Food Pyramid, not the Novus!  From there it is the good old, three square meals a day and no snacks;  versus the modernists, grange like a fat cow all day "diet."  The cornerstone of a good diet is grain and the best form of that is whole grain.  I like Oat Groats, Brown Rice and Hulled Barley (I think pearled barley tastes awful).  Corn is o.k. and for a treat, I like popcorn.  From there it is mostly "fresh" fruits and vegetables.  For dairy, you can't beat skim milk and for meat, you can't do better than egg whites.  For fat, we all know Olive Oil is Superior!  Almonds are good too and, I like Cashews, but peanuts are alright.  And there's the cheaper oils.  As far as sugar goes, it is forbidden!  Salt is o.k. though.  I follow the old, no more than the equivalent of one teaspoon per day rule.  Artificial sweeteners, are what they are.  I follow the moderation rule with those. 

(03-29-2011, 03:22 PM)Andrew Wrote: I think the best diet for good health is based on The Vetus Food Pyramid, not the Novus!  From there it is the good old, three square meals a day and no snacks;  versus the modernists, grange like a fat cow all day "diet." 
Three meals? Gluttony?

I eat one meal a day, usually while doing something else.

For reference to this type of eating, look up "The Warrior Diet".

Quote: The cornerstone of a good diet is grain and the best form of that is whole grain.  I like Oat Groats, Brown Rice and Hulled Barley (I think pearled barley tastes awful). 
Whole grain is useful for cultivation, but biologically, fruit and other vegetables which we can gather are ideal. Was the Garden of Eden like a plain, or like an abundant rain forest?

Quote: Corn is o.k. and for a treat, I like popcorn.  From there it is mostly "fresh" fruits and vegetables.  For dairy, you can't beat skim milk and for meat, you can't do better than egg whites. 
Skim milk? Processed, altered milk from cows (?), which are large mammals with a very different anatomy and life cycle?

Egg whites are not "meat". Meat is usually considered the flesh of animals, not amniotic fluid. Also, the yolk is the best part.

This "diet" is heavily influenced by a specific culture and society.

Quote: For fat, we all know Olive Oil is Superior!  Almonds are good too and, I like Cashews, but peanuts are alright.  And there's the cheaper oils.  As far as sugar goes, it is forbidden!  Salt is o.k. though.  I follow the old, no more than the equivalent of one teaspoon per day rule.  Artificial sweeteners, are what they are.  I follow the moderation rule with those. 
Olive oil is not the best fat. It is one of the best tasting for certain uses.

Rosarium,  I  meant for the topic to  be a question, not a debate.  I should have put a question mark on it.  So, I'd like it if you went ahead and post what you think is the Best Diet For Good Health, in this thread.

[Image: KobeBeefRibeye.jpg][Image: porter.jpg]
[Image: mi-goreng.jpg]

+

[Image: beer_wideweb__430x298,0.jpg]

+

[Image: 41E3PHH90FL._SS500_.jpg]
http://www.hauserdiet.com/index.php/haus...t-overview

+ lots of good red wine, good dark beer, and Knob Creek bourbon.
(04-01-2011, 01:43 AM)Andrew Wrote: Rosarium,  I  meant for the topic to  be a question, not a debate.  I should have put a question mark on it.   So, I'd like it if you went ahead and post what you think is the Best Diet For Good Health, in this thread.

I see. Sorry for the haste in rebutting.

My general ideas are outlined here: http://nonpeccabis.blogspot.com/2009/06/...-kind.html

In practice, I do no think there is a "best diet" because there are a lot of variables. Ideally, I think there is a diet which is best in harmony with God's design of man.
Best diet? Eat a wide variety of foods in as close to their natural state as possible. That's best.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
I used to eat terrible, but no more. As I need to lose weight, I decided to change my eating behavior more so than actually diet. Realizing that like so many today, I was eating too much and too big, I looked to the past for guidance. When I was younger, I spent a lot of time with my great aunt. When she served meals, they were mostly from scratch, and the portions were generally half the size of what I was eating, if not less. Also, being able to have seconds was not common. So, I took a queue from her. I cut my portion size way down, and only one helping. I also have cut way down on meat, many times eating it at only one meal (doing this for Lent) and upping the amount of fruit & veg. I try to buy it fresh rather than canned or frozen. For dessert, I have one devils food cookie instead of the usual junk I'd have. I have also cut out my eating out several times a week.... now just special occasion.

Finally, I have cut out all snacks except for the late afternoon, when I have a piece of fruit, usually an apple. I also eliminated sodas, except for one during lunch and that is diet. Otherwise, it's crystal light peach tea, or just water. When I get a hunger urge, I drink water or I have a stick of gum. I find that Extra's Dessert Delights are great, especially their key lime pie flavor. I try to keep processes foods and artificial foods to a minimum, and use real sugar... that sparingly. Also, I use real butter as well, but sparingly also.

That's my take on good diet. Beyond this, I don't worry about or get caught up in the "this food is bad, has nasty chemicals, the FDA isn't being honest, Dr (insert name, blah, blah, natural food medicine degree) says you should avoid, etc." stuff. Besides, if you read and listen to all them, they contradict, and change their minds every few years (eggs are bad, now eggs are good...  margarine good, margarine bad, etc). If I listened to every talking head doctor I'd not be eating, drinking, or breathing... unless I heaved in a hermetically sealed environment, that is. That said.... how bout a little less worry and a little more healthy moderation!

(04-01-2011, 09:04 AM)Jacafamala Wrote: Best diet? Eat a wide variety of foods in as close to their natural state as possible. That's best.

I agree with this.