Best Diet For Good Health
(04-01-2011, 09:04 AM)Jacafamala Wrote: Best diet? Eat a wide variety of foods in as close to their natural state as possible. That's best.

So, have a picnic?
(04-14-2011, 11:05 PM)thetraditionalfrog Wrote: I used to eat terrible, but no more. As I need to lose weight, I decided to change my eating behavior more so than actually diet. Realizing that like so many today, I was eating too much and too big, I looked to the past for guidance. When I was younger, I spent a lot of time with my great aunt. When she served meals, they were mostly from scratch, and the portions were generally half the size of what I was eating, if not less. Also, being able to have seconds was not common. So, I took a queue from her. I cut my portion size way down, and only one helping. I also have cut way down on meat, many times eating it at only one meal (doing this for Lent) and upping the amount of fruit & veg. I try to buy it fresh rather than canned or frozen. For dessert, I have one devils food cookie instead of the usual junk I'd have. I have also cut out my eating out several times a week.... now just special occasion.

Finally, I have cut out all snacks except for the late afternoon, when I have a piece of fruit, usually an apple. I also eliminated sodas, except for one during lunch and that is diet. Otherwise, it's crystal light peach tea, or just water. When I get a hunger urge, I drink water or I have a stick of gum. I find that Extra's Dessert Delights are great, especially their key lime pie flavor. I try to keep processes foods and artificial foods to a minimum, and use real sugar... that sparingly. Also, I use real butter as well, but sparingly also.

That's my take on good diet. Beyond this, I don't worry about or get caught up in the "this food is bad, has nasty chemicals, the FDA isn't being honest, Dr (insert name, blah, blah, natural food medicine degree) says you should avoid, etc." stuff. Besides, if you read and listen to all them, they contradict, and change their minds every few years (eggs are bad, now eggs are good...  margarine good, margarine bad, etc). If I listened to every talking head doctor I'd not be eating, drinking, or breathing... unless I heaved in a hermetically sealed environment, that is. That said.... how bout a little less worry and a little more healthy moderation!

Good for you!
[Image: 1888bock.jpg][Image: sushi1.jpg][Image: PotatoSalad.JPG][Image: jim-beam.jpg][Image: coke.jpg]

Add the Sacraments and this post has everything one needs to live.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
If you want to live more than you must become healthy . For your good health you take good food . Fruits and vegetables are good for our health. For protein you take nuts, eggs and legumes. You should also take milk and products of milk like cheese....
(04-14-2011, 11:05 PM)thetraditionalfrog Wrote: Extra's Dessert Delights are great, especially their key lime pie flavor.

I agree with this.  ;D
Just stick to the five main food groups and you will be fine:

1) Coffee
2) Alcohol
3) Fat
4) Protein
5) Cheetos

Caoimhín

p.s. I’m taking preorders for my upcoming best seller:  “My favorite Trailer-park recipes.”  Watch Amazon.com for special rates.
Our family is moving to a mostly raw diet (key word "mostly" - yes, we cook our meats).  We have already switched to raw milk and have noticed an AMAZING difference in everyone's health.  I was pretty skeptical at first but now I don't think I could ever use non-raw milk.  We also try to focus on lots of raw fruits and veggies.  All of our dairy is fresh-farm.  Balance some good meat and grain into the diet and of course a little comfort food and sweets every now and then too.  I have to admit, everyone is really noticing a huge difference in their health, energy, digestion, etc - even the baby!  :)
There are some super foods and drinks that should be on any diet.  For many people, simply adding these foods to their diet give them the weight loss boost they need.  They feel restricted on more formal diets and just want to lose weight without counting calories or carbs.
(04-27-2011, 10:59 PM)Gakmo Wrote: Our family is moving to a mostly raw diet (key word "mostly" - yes, we cook our meats).  We have already switched to raw milk and have noticed an AMAZING difference in everyone's health.  I was pretty skeptical at first but now I don't think I could ever use non-raw milk.  We also try to focus on lots of raw fruits and veggies.  All of our dairy is fresh-farm.  Balance some good meat and grain into the diet and of course a little comfort food and sweets every now and then too.  I have to admit, everyone is really noticing a huge difference in their health, energy, digestion, etc - even the baby!  :)

Fresh Milk! 
[Image: EarlGrey_m.jpg]
Don't forget to add tea everyday! Especially Monk teas. Full of antioxidants for less wrinkles and good looking hair and skin.