Relics may contain answer to early Christianity
(03-31-2011, 10:52 AM)timoose Wrote: You know it's just a shame these types of news stories never get their due, and are shuffeled way back and forgotten.

tim

The BBC is pretty good about stuff like this.  The US media only wants sex and violence stories. 

Then, of course, 6 months from now the Heresy Channel and/or National Geographic will pick it up and make some perverted documentary about it denying Christ.
timoose if their is anything attacking Christianity in these relics i'm sure you'll get the publicity for the relics you want.
(03-30-2011, 06:34 PM)Iuvenalis Wrote: I wish there was already a moniker to the find a la the Dead Sea Scrolls (catchier than the Essene find?) so I could set up a Google news alert to email me everyday...

Perhaps they will call it the Lead "T" Book.  :laughing:
Thread bump.
(03-31-2011, 11:34 AM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(03-31-2011, 10:52 AM)timoose Wrote: You know it's just a shame these types of news stories never get their due, and are shuffeled way back and forgotten.

tim

The BBC is pretty good about stuff like this.  The US media only wants sex and violence stories. 

Then, of course, 6 months from now the Heresy Channel and/or National Geographic will pick it up and make some perverted documentary about it denying Christ.
That's if they can fit it in between Pawn Stars, Swamp People, and Monster Quest.

Man have they ever fallen of the beaten path, whatever happened to making shows or documentaries about say something like.......history maybe?

I remember the old days when THC was one of the few cable channels I'd even bother to take a look at back when they had some decent series on historical subjects like The Romans, Vikings, Templars, Civil War, WWII etc, decent stuff. I think they started going bad with all that Davinci Code crap and bashing the Church and denying Christianity but constantly glorifying the heroes of the O.T. like David and Samson (gee I wonder why).

Now they've really hit rock bottom with shows glorifying criminals like  in their "Gangland" series. I won't watch 5 minutes of that garbage.
(03-31-2011, 10:20 PM)alaric Wrote: I think they started going bad with all that Davinci Code crap and bashing the Church and denying Christianity but constantly glorifying the heroes of the O.T. like David and Samson (gee I wonder why).

Oy vey, don't be a schnook.

Coincidentally, THC is also obsessed with Hitler and the nazis.
(03-31-2011, 10:24 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(03-31-2011, 10:20 PM)alaric Wrote: I think they started going bad with all that Davinci Code crap and bashing the Church and denying Christianity but constantly glorifying the heroes of the O.T. like David and Samson (gee I wonder why).

Gee I wonder why  ::)
(03-31-2011, 10:27 PM)alaric Wrote:
(03-31-2011, 10:24 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:

Gee I wonder why  ::)

They're full of chutzpah.
They're full of something alright.

And what's this fascination with Nostradamus on that channel as well?

they are trying so hard to have people buy into his BS.
I like the UFO and ghost shows.  I find them entertaining just as I find Coast-to-Coast entertaining.  But I have no illusion I'm actually going to learn anything of value from those channels.

Face it, people would rather watch nonsense than history.  The only way to get history is to read a book - you know, that lost art.