Is there Crypto-Orthodoxy among some Eastern Catholics?
(04-01-2011, 03:21 PM)st.dominic_savio Wrote: Not to trying to derail the thread, but do you think the Vatican II policy to give the eastern churches more autonomy was good or bad? If so, why?
Also, are the eastern rites completely equal to the latin rite, or are they some kind of inferior rite with married priests? It seems like some posters on here feel the latter.

More autonomy goes in line subsidiarity, so it could be a good thing.  I'm sure only a Roman supremacist would say the other rites are inferior. Married priests generally aren't considered to be as "good" as unmarried priests by experts (please no one attack me for saying that, I'm just the messenger.)

I would prefer the eastern rites to be autonomous, as long as they're Catholic (I almost said orthodox but it would've been confusing.)

The Roman Rite however, has some problems. Instead of subsidiarity for them, I long for a super-trad pope to come along and completely clean house and appoint SSPX ans FSSP priests as bishops. And the reestablishment of the Inquisition.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Is there Crypto-Orthodoxy among some Eastern Catholics? - by randomtradguy - 04-01-2011, 04:16 PM