"Majority "of U.S. Catholics support gay rights on survey........
What a pile of rubbish......where the heck did they do this survey, somewhere in libtard-dom left coast USA?

And do they really expect the vast majority of us to believe that these people are even "catholics" in the classical sense?

Nice try Reuters.

Another example of how the media twists, distorts and out right lies on some issues.

http://blogs.reuters.com/faithworld/2011...catholics/

» See all analysis and opinionMajority of U.S. Catholics back gay rights in survey
Mar 22, 2011 16:00 EDT
America | catholic church | Catholic social thinking | evangelical protestants | Protestants | religion research | Religious conservatives
In spite of, or perhaps because of, Roman Catholic church teachings condemning homosexuality, many lay Catholics in the United States be more accepting toward same-sex relationships than the general public, a new survey found.
“The big finding here is that American Catholics are at least 5 points
I'm reminded of some years ago, a survey done in the Archdiocese of Chicago 'revealed' that 'x number of Catholics did not believe in Papal Infallibity and y number did not believe in Transubstantiation'. My respose was that there were a lot fewer Catholics in the Archdiocese than they were claiming! :)
"Fifty-six percent of Catholics did not believe sexual relations between two adults of the same gender constituted a sin."

Thats just disgusting if true  :puke:
When their own bishops don't believe the word of God, it's not like it wasn't expected.
Quote:Fifty-six percent of people who claim to be Catholics but really aren't did not believe sexual relations between two adults of the same gender constituted a sin."

fixed.

well first off it could be the wording of the survey.  it is found that if you use the homosexual versus gay, you get a more negative response.  Not too mention, i guarantee most aren't catholic anyway they just associated with it, and left in their teens when they had their fits.
(04-01-2011, 05:51 PM)AntoniusMaximus Wrote: well first off it could be the wording of the survey.  it is found that if you use the homosexual versus gay, you get a more negative response.  Not too mention, i guarantee most aren't catholic anyway they just associated with it, and left in their teens when they had their fits.

Wording is key! Here in Canada if you ask the poll question, 'Should we break our ties to the British Monarchy', there is a small majority i8n favour. However, if you rephrase the question to encompass constitutional reality and ask, 'Should we amend the Constitution to abolish the Canadian Monarchy', the response is overwheminly negative.  (Canadians never wanna mjess with the Constitution! :laughing:)
I thought it was common knowledge that average Catholics (or CINOs, if you prefer) are more politically and sociall liberal than Protestant Americans... sort of like we can say "Jews are liberal", and that would be mostly true, no matter the protestations of certain ultra-orthodox rabbis.
Basically if ya get baptized you be Catholic. This was one of my biggest problems with the Catholic church, when I was a Protestant. Then while converting I realized that all these cradles Catholics were basically, probably, gonna go straight to hell because they were living in mortal sin.