High anxiety and/or panic attacks?
Yes, I've delt with panic attacks for a few years now.  At first I had to take lots of klonopin to help calm myself down, I was frequently calling in to work sick because of how terrible I felt.  And knowing one could come on any second made things worse because even when I wasn't having one I was anxious that I would have one.

Honestly, serious and intense amounts of prayer have helped me.  And klonopin, but i don't take it any more.  Unless its absolutely terrible you should avoid narcotics because of the dependancy rate.  I would get anxious because I didn't think I had enough pills!

They're usually not provoked but are seeded in some deep psychological worry or suppression.  It can also be the devil trying to f with you.  Judging by recent events in your life Laura, I would almost bet on the latter. 

Do you wear a scapular?  Get one if you don't.  I carry a rosary with me and when I'm nervous I either grab hold of my rosary or my scapular, begging the intercession of our Lady.  She'll do a lot for you!
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.

Messages In This Thread
Re: High anxiety and/or panic attacks? - by Mithrandylan - 04-03-2011, 11:52 AM
Re: High anxiety and/or panic attacks? - by Pheo - 04-03-2011, 11:53 AM
Re: High anxiety and/or panic attacks? - by Joamy - 04-03-2011, 06:29 PM
Re: High anxiety and/or panic attacks? - by mom - 04-03-2011, 06:51 PM
Re: High anxiety and/or panic attacks? - by mom - 04-03-2011, 06:54 PM
Re: High anxiety and/or panic attacks? - by mom - 04-03-2011, 09:29 PM